Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Samsung Smart TV - Troubleshooting

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Samsung Smart TV - Troubleshooting

Broben
Casual Listener
Turn off Samsung Instant On ans it seems to eventually load. However, you still have to log in again all the time. Better than nothing.
3 people liked this

Samsung Smart TV 20016

Wolfbreen
Regular
Hello. I would like to ask the Spotify if you are aware of the problem burning TV panel for still images? Well I think so... Now explain why you use fixed screens ?! Music is also heard for hours. Fix... enter the Black screen mode or screen saver, or the coolest fullscreen cover with zoom and movement. This App so conceived could cause damage to TV panels.
IMG_20170513_120045.jpg

Re: Samsung Smart TV 20016

film_butcher
Regular
It's not so much of a problem with modern LED panels. Although I've often thought that Spotify could do a much better job at displaying artwork with the Samsung app.

film_butcher
Regular
This problem has been reported since the app was updated December 2016. Why still no fix for the freeze on startup bug. Why am I paying for this **bleep** service from Spotify???

Re: Samsung Smart TV 20016

Wolfbreen
Regular
It's not exactly like that ... Led burns after more 4 hours, Plasma after 3 hours, Oled probably as Plasma. Fixed screens ruin TVs AND THIS MANUFACTURER MUST KNOW IT!

fardaonet
Casual Listener

Hi!

My new Smart TV 32" Samsung series 4 not find Spotify APP.

Samsung coment is a responsability of the developer....

My model is UE32J4500 Spain

TV OS Golden Bridge Lite

Some answer?

Thanks

xoif
Casual Listener

unfortunately the tizen app is still buggy. Sometimes the horizontal playlists won't scroll so you can't choose the songs you want to hear. The white border that signals selection is quadratic instead of a rectangle that would fit the selected playlist tile. Please get your app together. I'm just embarrassed that this passed your code review/quality control...

1 person liked this

Sphynx25
Music Fan

I have multiple issues with app:

1.) I can only log in with Spotify Connect - well maybe it works with the user credentials as well, but the app doesn't save them, which means I would have to enter them every time I start the app. (Using the remote for letter input is a total pita)

When using the User Credentials I get the message that the user login data was inccorect (it is 100% correct) and I should retry. Not sure if that has something to do with the below mentioned "have to exit the app and restart to make it work".

2.) When using Spotify Connect to login, I have to start the tizen App, click on "login", pick my Smartphone use "available devices" pick my Samsung TV, I wait but it doesn't connect and switches back to smartphone, have to exit the tizen app, restart it and go to login, then again pick Samsung TV as available device to finally make Spotify Connect work on the TV.

Any suggestions?

1 person liked this

Broben
Casual Listener
It's almost as if the app is not making a connection with the server upon first opening the application. This causes the logout and (sometimes) a first time login failure. Exiting the app and going back in seems to restore the connection with the server allowing a successf login but requiring credentials to be re-entered.

fardaonet
Casual Listener

Some news about the app for the Golden Bridge Lite system

SUGGESTED POSTS