Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Samsung Smart TV - Troubleshooting

Solved!

Re: Samsung Smart TV - Troubleshooting

BJS2017
Regular
What is the manufacture date of your TV ?

grahamveronica
Casual Listener

BJS2017
Regular
Samsung periodically updates their software on their TVs.  While doing so they unable Spotify.  The same happened with me.  It was working perfectly for 2 years.  Samsung then updated the software on my TV and Spotify no longer worked.  I let Samsung dial into my TV where they removed the Spotify app with the intention of reinstalling it however, the updated software would not permit them to reinstall.  Therefore, I will not be able to use Spotify on my $2,500 Samsung TV and Samsung really doesn't care.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
1 person liked this

cmccc

I have this exact same issue with mine. 

Kemicalx

My issue is it works but will not play sound! I've reconnected, you can't delete the app on my model so I reinstalled. I'm not going to do a system overhaul if this is an ongoing issue. I'll just use Pandora even tho I really hate that app. 

stratosnn
Composer

Hey,

There is a limitation on many Samsung TV that you need to select active HDMI ( or regular cable TV ) first before starting Spotify app. Otherwise no sound coming out.

They confirmed issue on their end, but will only fix it for next generation models. Yeah...

nicolamartin16

Hi, I'm having problems to use Spotify on my Samsung smart tv. Since the last update on Feb 22, every time I open it, it freeezes with the Spotify logo, and I can't do anything, not even connect it directly with Spotify connect from my smartphone. I've uninstalled it several times, but it's always the same and I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help me? 

stratosnn
Composer

What TV model do you have?

jackosxda

I have exactly the same issue. Spotify freezes and doesn't load the interface.

UE48J6300

Adz_P
Casual Listener

Yes, I am having a similar problem with my new Samsung Q7F 55" UHD and a Yamaha YAS-207 sound bar using the HDMI ARC port. Spotify is awfully distorted through the TV app, however if I connect via Bluetooth to the sound bar and run Spotify from the phone it's flawless.

Is it possible that the gain setting within the app on the TV has been set too high to begin with? Even on a very low volume setting everything still sounds distorted. There a no problems with Netflix, YouTube, or any other streaming app.

SUGGESTED POSTS