Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart TV song playing but no sound

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV song playing but no sound

Like what the title said. I downloaded the Spotify app for my Samsung Smart TV. The Songs are "playing" but without any sound output. Any solution? Thanks in advance

39 Replies

Genius!  This fix worked for us. Thanks!

What was the solution that worked????

Marked as solution

Encountered the same issue on my Samsung UE55JS8000.

what worked for me:

1. Log onto Spotify app on the TV directly; not using the phone or tablet.

2. Open Spotify on tablet/phone,  and select the TV from the devices list.

3. Control the Spotify app from the tablet/phone, and the TV-speakers and/or optical out to the receiver work fine.

The TV-speakers and optical out also work fine, when only executing step 1.

That worked indeed !!!

This works for me but PCM is only a stereo output and much lower quality when watching movies or TV - have to remember to switch it back afterwards

I have a Samsung 32J55000 and I'm facing the same issue with the external analog output.

While the song is "playing", only sounds through the TV speakers could be heard. I have an amplifier connected to my TV but nothing happens with Spotify. Other applications like Deezer, YouTube or TuneIn work perfectly. 

TV speakers kinda suck, please solve the issue!!

Agustín Ibars

Hey Guys,

Just brought a bran new samsung 55MU7000 great tv but had this same problem, netflix and other apps working fine through my Yamaha VX375 system via HDMI. However spotify doesnt want to play ball, once switching the yamaha off it works fine through tv speakers.

I can confirm that this workaround worked for me, played a random video on youtube and then switched back to spotify. 

cheers kfernando.

i have exact same problem!!! did you managedto solve it?

The only workaround is to use the application from your smart phone and to
select to listen through your TV, doing it that way it works well.

unfortunately it doesnt work for me either… i have tried everything possible. I have no idea what happened,because it was working before and then out of the sudden it won’t work...
Marked as solution

Hi there,

A really simple fix I found, is to go to 'Sound' In the menu, and select 'additional settings'. Changing the audio format from dts neo to Dolby Digital worked amazingly. In my mind the clarity is even better!

Same problem here:

- TV Samsung UN43MU6300FXZC

- Soundbar Samsung HW-M360 (optical connection)

- Spotify Premium

Workaround:

- Play random youtube video thant immediatly go to spotify app, connected using user/pass

A proper fix would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, please see my comment. This IS a fix! Change output to Dolby Digital.

You are right. Thank you very much 🙂

No worries, was irritating me half to death! Feel free give me some kudos
or accept my previous message as the solution if you can to help others.

• For me, dolby digital and pcm sound excatly the same in Spotify. 

Me too!! I don’t know what to do!

Having the same issue with my Samsung. We currently moved house. And in the old house Spotify worked through our sound bar on the TV and through arc . Now in the new house no sound coming from sound bar or TV speakers. 

Please help!!!!!! 

Hullo,
If all methods don't work, try this one: change the source on the tv remote. It works!
My Spotify stopped playing digital sound when I connected and disconnected the notebook via HDMI3/DVI. I tried the ways of solving the problem described here. Sound came back when I changed the source to AV. There is no logical explanation because I don't have any hdmi and av devices connected

Hello,

There is platform limitiation on Samsung TVs where you need to have valid HDMI source or cable TV selected before starting Spotify App, otherwise no sound.

Suggested posts