Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV

PhoenixGB

Hi

I have a Samsung Smart TV purchased in Dubai, i reset the TV and started it all up whilst connected to my UK VPN, i have the Spotify app but i get a message saying that the TV's firmware doesnt support the app.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

David
Spotify Legend
Hello everyone.

Just been informed that Spotify should be back up for E5000 / 6000 devices now. Ensure your Firmware is up to date and it should be in your Samsung app marketplace.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

89 Replies

GreenJohn

I have a Series 5 Samsung Smart tv that's just come into the house over x-mas.
One of the reasons I chose that tv was because it had the spotify app on it so I hope that spotify will be available on that tv soon.

timlevell
Casual Listener

If its a uexxes5500 then it will be able to run Spotify but you will need to upgrade the firmware first to version xx030. 

Alahti
Regular

Rhapsody available only 

Supported Countries:

• United States
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany

Spotify:

The Spotify countries

Spotify is available in the following countries:

user-removed
Not applicable

So? The point of my post was that there was a large number of Samsung smart device users that spent time keeping up with the posts here and when the Spotify app would be added to the smart app center on said devices. I am in the States, so I could care less if the subscription music service was through AOL or any other supported company. My main point is that I now have access to streaming music from both Rhapsody and also MOG, and where is Spotify? Still screwing around with handsy market testing, when they already know that anyone with a Samsung smart device that already has the 001030 firmware update on their devices the app should be available period and it is not, as Spotify has chosen to limit the release of where the app is available. When a company pulls a stunt like this, well they lose my business, and since they choose to limit to only in a European market and  on a set limit model number of devices, I won't hold my breath for the full release of the app through all the rest of the devices. I was only holding out on the off chance Spotify would release the app to all Samsung smart devices, before making my decision of which subscription service to use, but that does not seem to be the case at the moment. For me it is my access I care about, I am not all that concerned for everywhere else, I want quality not quantity at this point in the game. I can live with the ad supported version of Spotify at the moment, as at the moment the premium service is not worth it to me, as I do not now have access through my Samsung smart device to the Spotify service. Smug marketing tactics do not sway me, it is me having access that will be the deciding factor in which service I use. Rhapsody, MOG, Spotify,or Rdio could be US only region access and I would still choose Rhapsody over Spotify now, as I have access with my device through Rhapsody and MOG, and also it is only $4.99 a month for desktop and Samsung Smart device access for MOG and not $9.99 a month through Spotify. If these entertainment companies are going to play the region specific game, I will go where the access is and give that business my money, everyone else I won't. It does not matter to me how many different countries a service is in it is which devices I can have access to that service that matters to me the most.

user-removed
Not applicable

Correction MOG did provide services to samsung smart devices, it would seem they have sent a remove file to all samsung devices for the app to be removed from the smart hub, ohh well another service bites the dust. So this would be a perfect time for spotify to increase it's proliferation of access with it's app to the rest of the markets where there are samsung smart devices being used.

Afraithe
Casual Listener

I tried installing Spotify on my Samsung Smart TV from 2012.

First, I got the message its checking the firmware, I hadn't upgraded so after it was done, I upgraded to the latest version.

http://www.samsung.com/se/support/model/PS51E8005GUXXE-downloads#

But it still says my firmware isn't compatible? It's like its not even checking now, first time it said something like "Checking your firmware version, this can take a while", but now it just goes straight to "Firmware not supported". I tried reinstalling the app but no changes.

Any ideas?

rand0m
Music Fan

In the US firmware was updated to 1025 and no sign of spotify.... so guess we get to wait longer.

erikf85
Casual Listener

Where are the keyboard support?!?!?

Alahti
Regular

And only in supported countries, very bad news.

Popfan
Music Fan

Yes, only for premium accounts.

Alahti
Regular

Yes, I installed 1030 on same day it came out.

Popfan
Music Fan

Do you have the latest fw (1030) installed?? If not - update and enjoy!

Alahti
Regular

Still cant see it, maybe cause I am from country (Estonia) that not listed for spotify?

Popfan
Music Fan

Even though I should appriciate the crossfade function. The versions I use on my PC and Smartphone has that function, and I like it a lot!

Solution!

David
Spotify Legend
Hello everyone.

Just been informed that Spotify should be back up for E5000 / 6000 devices now. Ensure your Firmware is up to date and it should be in your Samsung app marketplace.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

frejakgb13

But how can I update the firmware. Im having the same problem 🙂

TheBudGee

i am having no joy either (UE50s6000 range) - however, if you have a smartphone, you can still use the allshareCast in the meantime - plays spotify from phone through TV and surround sound system. Not a solution I know, but until Spotify and Samsung listen to the demand of their subscribers, this is a decent workaround...

btws

@TheBudGee wrote:

i am having no joy either (UE50s6000 range) - however, if you have a smartphone, you can still use the allshareCast in the meantime - plays spotify from phone through TV and surround sound system. Not a solution I know, but until Spotify and Samsung listen to the demand of their subscribers, this is a decent workaround...

Allcast not too bad once the visual (screen) turns off, otherwise audio breaks up (some break up occasionally too, needs good wifi network). Allcast does die randomly for me too, but that's a general Allcast issue for me.  Good idea thebudgee!

I still want Spotify on my TV!!!

@__spo__ people, please pull your finger out and sort out this mess. Surely you can do some promotions for Samsung's devices to the Spotify audience to make up for people not signing up for music hub on their TV when they have Spotify as an alternative (does anyone sign up for music hub now???).

I think in the end it's up to the consumers in each market to tell Samsung somehow that while we love their devices, we will never want their music service and demand Spotify to be made available! 

Does anyone have a good explanation of how it was possible for Spotify to be available to European Samsung TV users? Did Spotify just have such an unbreakable hold on the market that there was no point trying to turn people on to music hub?

Drowzap

So nice.. Can't wait to get back home to download it! 🙂

Popfan
Music Fan

It should automaticly appear on the Smart Hub (check your last page or Samsung Apps). No prob' for me, it runs really good! Sweeeet!!

Alahti
Regular

On my 6 Series tv still nothing.

SUGGESTED POSTS