Announcements

Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

Samsung Smart TV

Hi

I have a Samsung Smart TV purchased in Dubai, i reset the TV and started it all up whilst connected to my UK VPN, i have the Spotify app but i get a message saying that the TV's firmware doesnt support the app.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Samsung Smart TV

Spotify Legend
Hello everyone.

Just been informed that Spotify should be back up for E5000 / 6000 devices now. Ensure your Firmware is up to date and it should be in your Samsung app marketplace.
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

89 Replies

Spotify
Spotify
Hi there,

Welcome to the Community! Have you tried a firmware update at all?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Music Fan

Hi, can you give an indication of when the spotify app will be available for the 2011 D series models.   

Many Thanks

Music Fan

The Spotify app will only work on the 2012 E 7-9 series, the Samsung support told me the other day. True?

Casual Listener

I bought a new Samsung 2012 9-series smart tv and was able to use Spotify for few days.

Yesterday when I tried to start spotify, I got a message saying that the TV's firmware doesnt support the app.

I tried to update the firmware, but no new firmware was available for download.

Whoooot wooooot, can someone help with this issue?

EDIT: ( I'm located in Finland)

Music Fan

Same thing 4 me 2day after finally been able to get/download the app "Firmware does not support...". But there is an antidote for that prob, but don't remeber what it was.

Casual Listener

Weird...suddenly Spotify started to work again 😄

I've got the same problem! How do I update The firmware on My samsung smart tv?

Please help me!

Casual Listener

I bought a SAMSUNG UE40ES5500 a few weeks ago and was really excited to hear the there was going to be a Spotify app released for the Smart TV range. Downloaded and installed the app today. It said I needed a firmware upgrade. Downloaded and installed a new software update. Same error. Very disappointing.

Casual Listener
Same problem here. It looks like the app isn't quite ready yet. spotify app (v. 1.003) will not launch on my new samsung tv (UE37ES5500).  A message is returned saying a firmware update is required.  I am on the latest samsung  firmware (v. 001028
SUGGESTED POSTS