Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

Re: Samsung Smart TV

Popfan
Music Fan

The 1029 firmware is out but it doesn't make any difference to update. I did via a USB-stick, but still the same prob! :(

shadowhorst
Casual Listener

Same here. Samsung UE ES5800 with latest 1029 firmware (upgraded via USB Stick). Spotify still wants a "newer" firmware :(

Dpj
Casual Listener
Just got this from spotify customer support:
"We don't currently support the 5500, but with the success of Spotify on other models, it shouldn't be too long before we expand our support to other models, including the 5500. Please be patient. :)"
I think samsung smart hub could be a lot smarter- ie actually say in the app info which devices and os are supported...

Popfan
Music Fan

I guess that the E 7,8 & 9 series is their primary objective At least from the get.go, and more models later on.

user-removed
Not applicable

I have a UE40ES6710 and the same experience: Got New firmware 29.0 and still no spotifyapp running on the system. SmartHub reset was not succesful.

Any news from other users? 

getaceres

I have a series 7 tv recently bought with the latest firmware and still the same error.

hanifbbz
Casual Listener

TV Model: UE55ES6565

Firmware version: 001028

Year: 2012

Spotify App version: 1.003

Error: the device firmware does not support this application please update to the latest firmware

How to check the tv firmware version? Press menu > Support > Software Update > Stay on any of the options but don't press the button, the version appears at the end of the message on the right panel

How to check Spotify version? select the Spotify app but don't run it. Press Tools button on the remote and choose "Information" from the appearing menu.

Oboemasesetokoe
Casual Listener

I bought the UE40ES5500 today and found out that i also got the error message, very dissapointed....

Popfan
Music Fan

And now there's no internet connection on the Smart Hub! Hopefully they're working on this isue.

cantona76x
Casual Listener

I have Samsung UE46ES6715 and I have update the latest firmware, but it still say that the device is not supported...

Why?

SUGGESTED POSTS