Samsung Smart TV

Solved!

Re: Samsung Smart TV

Popfan
Music Fan

Hopefully the app will run on the 6 series after the next fw update. I did the update and did it run? Nope!

Popfan
Music Fan

The plan is to get the 8 series, and use the 6 series in the bedroom.becouse the 5-6 series cant do sh*t as we all can see! Q: Why do they sell them at all?? A: To make you understand that you have to get yourself a better and more expensive model! THERE IS SOMETHING FISHY GOIN' ON!! And Spotify proves the point! But if the upcoming update system, Smart Evo. Kit, works on the 5-6 series were all home free, but I don't think it will!. Spotify, you could lose some dear subscribers while doing this stunt!

kozzmann
Regular

I feel cheated by Samsung. I paid a lot of money for my ue40es6900.

Now I realize that it is inferior quality, or at least they want to make me think that.

If there are apps that can stream movies to the television I cannot understand that there is no working app for streaming music.

There is indeed something fishy going on.

Popfan
Music Fan

I stream movies with Netflix (app) on my 6 series, works perfectly. And use Spotify on a daily bases on my pc, also works perfectly. But Netflix doesn't work so well on the pc. So YES there is something fishy going on!! Oki, Netflix runs on the Silverlight platform, which requires a powerful cpu, and so on..but still! I mean, if movies work...why not music???

Alahti
Regular

With 1030.0 update no Spotify app. So still waiting, hopefully not long.

Popfan
Music Fan

Good news: The app is coming to the 5 & 6 series after the next fw update! They are working on it right now, Samsung support says. Nice!!

kozzmann
Regular

That is great news. I hope it is true.

Thanks for the info. 

cescurules

hi, i have eu46es8000 series, and a spotify premium account, and I have problems with the app. It needs an upgrade of firmware, but my tv has the latest. can you help me? thanks you!!!

Bitterman
Casual Listener

My TV was just upgraded to the latest version available for the E6000 series. Initially I upgraded from 1028 > 1029, and two days ago from 1029 > 1030. No sign of Spotify yet?

Popfan
Music Fan

Hopefully the app will appear/run (on the 5 & 6 series) after the 1031 update. That's what Samsung's support told me. Fingers crossed!

SUGGESTED POSTS