Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Smart Tv Premium Login

Solved!

Samsung Smart Tv Premium Login

Hi have a samsung msart TV series 6, when I try to login it says I need a premium account for this device, I have a premium account so I can't see whats wrong,

Has anybody else had this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The issue was the username, when I log in with my iPad i use username@domain.com for the username but the TV is just username without the domain.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have a Spotify account created using Facebook?

If so, you need to retrieve your device username and set your device password and use those to sign in on partner devices. You can do that following the instructions I have posted here.

If you have a dedicated Spotify username and password account, try removing the app and installing it again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a dedicated Spotify username and password, I have tried removing the app as suggested and I still get the same message.

@user-removed wrote:

I have a dedicated Spotify username and password, I have tried removing the app as suggested and I still get the same message.

Are you sure you are still premium? Does it say that you are premium at http://spotify.com/account/subscription?

It is possible that you have made multiple accounts, and the one that is premium is lost in the world wide web...

Marked as solution

The issue was the username, when I log in with my iPad i use username@domain.com for the username but the TV is just username without the domain.

Good, glad it is working 🙂 and thanks for sharing the solution!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there. I've come up with the same problem when trying to login on the samsung smart tv. It says I need a premium account, which I have. I tried the reverse of the solution mentioned here as when I login on my iPad I only use the username and not @domain.com. I tried adding @domain.com when using the tv but that said the username or password is wrong. The premium is working perfectly on phone and tablet but not the tv.

Thanks for your help.

If you don't normally use a facebook login, I think you'll need to get a device password.

Can't Login to Premium Account on new Samsung Smart tv.  I have the app on the TV, but the login keeps giving an error message.  Your link to generating a device specific password does't go to a place to do such a thing.  REALLY a waste of time.  Over an hour so far.  

None of these solutions worked for me...

Suggested posts