Premium

Country
Russia

Device

Samsung TV UE55TU8500UX

Operating System

Tizen (i guess) T-NKLDEUC-1402.4

My Question or Issue

I've installed Spotify app from store, it had been working for several weeks, after that it started to work like this:
* Everything works normally until you start to play anything
* After that, the player shows that a song is playing but there is no sound and player controls do not work
* If you try to use Spotify Connect at this point, it will not be able to connect to TV

I saw somewhere on the forum a "fix" which involved switching to HDMI or AV input before opening Spotify, and while it worked for me one or two times, it does not work anymore. I tried closing the app, rebooting the TV, all combinations of TV inputs before opening Spotify, nothing changes. The only subtle detail that I noticed is that there is your previous input sound playing for half a second when you try to play anything in Spotify, after that, nothing.

All the other fixes did nothing for me, like changing encoding in TV Sound settings menu.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @vient,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on your tv, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. This can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction, as all necessary files get build anew from the ground up.

If that doesn't fix things, could you log in with a friend or family members account and check if the issue comes up there as well. It's also a good idea to give it a go with another internet network such as a mobile hotspot. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @vient,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on your tv, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. This can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction, as all necessary files get build anew from the ground up.

If that doesn't fix things, could you log in with a friend or family members account and check if the issue comes up there as well. It's also a good idea to give it a go with another internet network such as a mobile hotspot. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator

Well, I uninstalled Spotify everywhere, then installed it first on the TV (and logged in via email) then on other devices. Hard to believe but it is still working perfectly, contrary to my previous reinstall attempts. Marking this as a solution.

Hey @vient,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that everything is working as expected now.

If something else comes up, we're always glad to help.

Cheers.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts