Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung TV - everything loads, nothing plays

Samsung TV - everything loads, nothing plays

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

samsung TV

Operating System

Version 2.35.2-0a32be7

My Question or Issue

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalledy spotify app and am having exactly the same issue. The home screen loads perfectly with all my saved music and all the suggested Spotify play lists. If you select ANYTHING at all, it opens the album/playlist, the play button appears and no matter how many times you hit play - nothing plays! Any ideas?! 

13 Replies

I should add, I can play perfectly on my iPhone app and also cast that onto my Samsung tv app - but although the music plays out the tv the app shows no signs that this is happening. It just rests on the landing page?!?!

Exactly the same happens to me since a couple days. I moved to Family plan so I thought it might be related to this change but it seems it is just an issue with Samsung TV´s....

Oh thank you for replying! I thought I was going mad and being really stupid!

I can’t even see a way to contact Spotify directly to raise it... No tv listening for us for now then 😞

Oh thank you for replying! I thought I was going mad and being really stupid! 

I can’t even see a way to contact Spotify directly to raise it... No tv listening for us for now then 😞 

I just saw that other users are having the same issue and opened posts about it so it seems to be a general issuea. I hope they will fix it soon 😉

same to mee.  Hope solution will be very soon. because every evening my daughter listens to music, and now its very huge problem in our family 😕 😄

I am having the exact same problem. I have not noticed when it started but I thought it was a problem with my TV, but it wasn't. Does someone have the solution already?

Thank god i thought i was going crackers. My Spotify on my Smart Hub also doing exactly the same..Let's hope there is a fix quickly.

Same problem. 😕 started today, maybe yesterday? Haven’t used it in a couple days.

Same here. Can play the music using my phone app but the Now Playing screen doesn't appear, I can browse and see all music but can't get the Play button to function. Sooo annoying. Please fix it asap. BTW, I use Spotify daily, it started around 3 pm yesterday. 

Mine's working again now,

Mine is working too now - looks like Spotify fixed it!! 

Yes, its working for me too.  Nice

Suggested posts