Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung UA40ES6700 Spotify app disappeared?

Samsung UA40ES6700 Spotify app disappeared?

Hi,

So I actually subscribed to spotify to use it on my Samsung UA40ES6700 (Australia) when the app appeared in the Smart Hub.

It worked for 2 months, then after an auto update to the Smart Hub and/or TV  the app disappeared. It is no longer downloaded to my TV, and it is not available to download to the tv anymore??

I contacted Samsung - they told me Spotify must have removed it because it is a 3rd party application.

I'd like some clarification around this issue. Annoyed I signed up to use Spotify on the tv as a media hub for the family and now it is gone...

Help?

Anyone else have this issue?

9 Replies

Let me escalate this to see if I can get any details for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I do have the same problem. UA46ES7100M also located in Australia. I tried to find more info about it with no luck.

Hi guys,

Sorry there hasn't been a response on this, we've been asking about.

Ok, could you guys let us know the DUID or your Samsung devices.

I'm told you can get it like so:

MENU > SUPPORT > CONTACT SAMSUNG > SmartHub information > Unique ID

If you could post these below, we'll be able to pass them onto Samsung to take a look.

Thanks for your patience.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,  just checked again and there is no Spotify app on the tv 😞

Here is the info:

Smart Hub Version 4.6021 - 5.0

Unique ID  43CB3EXSBBISS

rgrds

That method doesn't get the id on my tv (it is similar, though). Regardless, I can get a unique ID. 

I'd prefer not to post the unique ID on a public forum though! Is a pm okay? 

Sure, go ahead and PM @Sam 🙂

Hi All,

Has anyone had any luck with this?

I too had the same issue and contacted spotify and they said they were working with Samsung to get the app back on the TV's and gave me a credit for a month.

That month has almost expired!

Would like to get this resolved or I will leave spotify as a premium member.

So any updates on this? 

I've been waiting a while since the last response...

I guess it is a good time now to go out in the media and let people know that they should avoid subscribing to Spotify or trust Samsung for their services.

A good company is the company who cares about their clients, keep them inform and solves its problems transparently overnight. So far there is no evidence of these characteristics either in Spotify or Samsung. They behave like amateurs both in business and in trubleshooting.

We are dissapointed for this sad final conclusion.  

Suggested posts