Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection

Re: Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection

Spencergo
Casual Listener

20181127_142736.jpgThis is the app

20181127_142744.jpgInside, the one beside volume must be toggled down.

20181127_142756.jpgInside options menu " three dots "

20181127_142804.jpgChoose spotify

Furry87
Casual Listener

We can use this app instead but for now now just can't choose playlists etc on the watch. It's better to do that until they pull finger out and sort this mess. Thanks for the info.

Casper01
Casual Listener

Thanks man!! that was just what i needed. I can live with this till spotify get updated

XeroEncryption
Regular

Great workaround until they fix the Spotify app, thanks!

OryZ
Gig Goer

Hi. I have a Kenwood headunit on my car. There are no bluetooth connection issues up to v.8.4.77.779.

Issues starts from v.8.4.78.530.

I think it's the same issue, serial bluetooth connection issue.

Highlighted

password333333
Casual Listener

no its totally not the same issue... what youre looking for is bluetooth headphones connection not remote control by secondary app...

OryZ
Gig Goer

No, it's wrong. I have Spotify source on my headunit. I can controll all Spotify function, it's a serial Bluetooth connection using SPP profile.

giq

I've downgraded spotify on my phone to be able to use remote on Gear S3. Yay, it works again. 

HOWEVER:

With latest Spotify app on the phone (S8), when connecting from Gear, a notification bar with Spotify shows up for a split second and immediately (<1s) disappears. 

With the downgraded Spotify app on the phone, the same notification bar shows up and remains in the notification area. The message on the bar reads : "Application null is connected."

"null" in a user-targeted message smells like a bug, either the party providing the content is messing it up (Spotify app on Gear?) , or the recipient (Spotify app on the phone) does not know how to treat the message with missing application name...

canerkoroglu
Casual Listener

This is temporary solution, we have to put pressure on shopify to fix this problem.

P-chan16
Casual Listener

This doesn't work on gear s3 frontier, because the app music doesn't have the three points as shown in the pictures.
Gear Software versión: R760XXU2CRH1

SUGGESTED POSTS