Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection

Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+ & Samsung Gear S3

My Question or Issue

I was using my Gear S3 connected to my phone throw Bluetooth as "remote".

Today, just trying some functions, I connected the spotify app in the watch throw wifi with my account. It worked just fine.

However, when I try to go back to remote, it gives me a connection error with the phone.

Looking in the forum, I tried sime ideas. I have reestarted the watch to factory values. I reinstaled the Galaxy Wearable app. And nothing work.

Noy it keeps saying "can not connecto to spotify on your phone. Please open your app there to continue"

Automatically it opens the app in the phone, but I cant do anything by the watch.

Also in the gadget, it says that there is no Bluetooth connection to the phone.

Any Ideas?

45 Replies

On my Gear S3 there are no dots either, only in "play music from your watch mode.

However, in my case the music app auto detects Spotify as soon as I start playing a song from Spotify.

Did you try this?

@giq wrote:

I've downgraded spotify on my phone to be able to use remote on Gear S3. Yay, it works again. 

HOWEVER:

With latest Spotify app on the phone (S8), when connecting from Gear, a notification bar with Spotify shows up for a split second and immediately (<1s) disappears. 

With the downgraded Spotify app on the phone, the same notification bar shows up and remains in the notification area. The message on the bar reads : "Application null is connected."

"null" in a user-targeted message smells like a bug, either the party providing the content is messing it up (Spotify app on Gear?) , or the recipient (Spotify app on the phone) does not know how to treat the message with missing application name...

I noticed this too.

Same here on Galaxy Watch 46mm. Can anykne confirm another glitch for me, I have already sent one watch back because of this and the new one is exactly the same. My watch is logged into Spotify, when I make a phone call on my mobile S8, or on my watch or even use voice to text for messages, when I'm finished and hang up the phone my Spotify music will start to play and I then have to open Spotify and pause the track, this happens every time and is soooo annoying. However if the remote function worked on Spotify them this wouldn't happen as streaming would be deactivate.

So if someone can also try this please.. it has been documented on the Internet and many people have both these problems. Thanks. 

Craig. 

yesterday's update spotify app on the phone began to work again the remote control from the gear s3

Oh, a welcoming development!! Thanks for posting. Will take a look now. 

Hey , i don't have s3 i am using GearFit2 and problem still persists.

Firstly, I had to close app in the watch and restarted phone. Maybe  it help you.

Now phone notificación area  show me spotify icon with the words "Spotify conect"

Didn't work here. Still says couldnt connect to Spotify even though its connected as its showing what's playing on my phone. Crazy. 

Hi,

still doesn't work on my Gear Fit 2. Restart of watch and phone didn't help either. 😫

The "Connect to Spotify" message shows up for a while. But that also happened before.

Keep hoping and trying...
Silvio

so first of all i have figured out how to get the remote feature to work, and it is throught that notification you were talking about, on my s8 sometimes after i open up bixby there is a notification that says spotify in the app name line and then the actual notification says spotify connecting... and sometimes once it does it says spotify connected to home. so once i saw this for some reason i decided to open up my spotify remote widget on my gear s3 and it worked! the thing is though i looked back on the notification and saw that the notifcation had changed and now it said spotify in the app name line and that my gear s3 is connected. so after about two days when i didnt listen to spotifiy on my phone for a bit the notification went away and i couldnt get the romote feature to work again. we need to figure out how to get that notifcation to stay in the notification drawer because it seems like itll work everytime now

so first of all i have figured out how to get the remote feature to work, and it is throught that notification you were talking about, on my s8 sometimes after i open up bixby there is a notification that says spotify in the app name line and then the actual notification says spotify connecting... and sometimes once it does it says spotify connected to home. so once i saw this for some reason i decided to open up my spotify remote widget on my gear s3 and it worked! the thing is though i looked back on the notification and saw that the notifcation had changed and now it said spotify in the app name line and that my gear s3 is connected. so after about two days when i didnt listen to spotifiy on my phone for a bit the notification went away and i couldnt get the romote feature to work again. we need to figure out how to get that notifcation to stay in the notification drawer because it seems like itll work everytime now

20190122_172343.jpg

So it is but to me it was returned to update the application in my s8 and again it stopped working, is some configuration of the notifications of the app on the phone I think I

what?

you're right...  now... everything makes sense... maybe samsung updates turn off this function by the spotfy app, to force us to use the native music player.. works almost well... it is very slow and miss some commands...so prefer use just one app and widget of spotfy.

As some others have mentioned, as well as me, remote control by JVC and Kenwood and BMW car audio units has also been broken since November, unless you roll back to that early version. This won't be a Samsung Gear or Samsung Galaxy watch only it seems.  

I honestly can't believe there has been no official solution on this yet... or even any ACKNOWLEDGMENT. As people have already said previously, this is affecting... just about everyone, and has been going on for MONTHS. And, also like a lot of people, the "remote control" function on the Gear S3's spotify app was probably one of the biggest persuaders in my buying it... I really wish this would get fixed...

Genius, thank you. I've never pressed that button before. That's really all I wanted, ie skip tracks from my watch. 👍 

Yeah, it's almost amazing that we don't get any response from spotify.

The built in media player works but not Spotify. They love to get paid but not to fix things . So please fix this problem. 

Thanks! I just deleted the Spotify app an will use this instead. TYVM! 

Hey still no words from november 2018 **bleep**!

Suggested posts