Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection

Re: Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection

Gr3y7Sky
Casual Listener

so first of all i have figured out how to get the remote feature to work, and it is throught that notification you were talking about, on my s8 sometimes after i open up bixby there is a notification that says spotify in the app name line and then the actual notification says spotify connecting... and sometimes once it does it says spotify connected to home. so once i saw this for some reason i decided to open up my spotify remote widget on my gear s3 and it worked! the thing is though i looked back on the notification and saw that the notifcation had changed and now it said spotify in the app name line and that my gear s3 is connected. so after about two days when i didnt listen to spotifiy on my phone for a bit the notification went away and i couldnt get the romote feature to work again. we need to figure out how to get that notifcation to stay in the notification drawer because it seems like itll work everytime now

20190122_172343.jpg

P-chan16
Casual Listener

So it is but to me it was returned to update the application in my s8 and again it stopped working, is some configuration of the notifications of the app on the phone I think I

Highlighted

Gr3y7Sky
Casual Listener

what?

mascarenhasjm

you're right...  now... everything makes sense... maybe samsung updates turn off this function by the spotfy app, to force us to use the native music player.. works almost well... it is very slow and miss some commands...so prefer use just one app and widget of spotfy.

HillcrestSpong
Casual Listener

As some others have mentioned, as well as me, remote control by JVC and Kenwood and BMW car audio units has also been broken since November, unless you roll back to that early version. This won't be a Samsung Gear or Samsung Galaxy watch only it seems.  

3 people liked this

AbrasiveTurtle

I honestly can't believe there has been no official solution on this yet... or even any ACKNOWLEDGMENT. As people have already said previously, this is affecting... just about everyone, and has been going on for MONTHS. And, also like a lot of people, the "remote control" function on the Gear S3's spotify app was probably one of the biggest persuaders in my buying it... I really wish this would get fixed...

sonnnet
Music Fan

Genius, thank you. I've never pressed that button before. That's really all I wanted, ie skip tracks from my watch. 👍 

Liveteguld

Yeah, it's almost amazing that we don't get any response from spotify.

The built in media player works but not Spotify. They love to get paid but not to fix things . So please fix this problem. 

SUGGESTED POSTS