Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung smart tv. Old firmware?

Solved!

Samsung smart tv. Old firmware?

EDIT: Found a new update for spotify on my tv. Everything is working now.

Hi. I'm having problem using the Spotify software on my Samsung F6475 tv. Some months ago I could use it without any problem but now I can't even login.
When I launch spotify I get an error message "The device firmware does not support this application. Please update to the latest firmware".
Today I updated the tv to firmware 1109.
Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Best regards
Stefan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to check - after updating the firmware did you restart the TV/Spotify app?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Just to help others: I had the same spotify issue after updating to the latest firmware (1109) on a samsung F6500SS. I also had the "famous" issue with the S recommendation in the smarthub being empty (all grey, empty blocks) Tried resetting everything. No result.

The problem went away by replacing my router.. I had a linksys wrt54G (the old blue one) and I replaced it with a new TPlink. 

Problems gone within a minute. No idea what my linksys was blocking..at least it was no wifi issue...

A happy user again..

Marked as solution

ok, quick update / solution : I had to completly reinitialize my smart hub : menu/settings/smart features/reset smart hub 

And then reinstall spotify.

At first I had the message that the microcode was not compatible. I had to turn off / turn on the TV and finally it worked.

So now, please include in the spotify samsung smart TV  app the same features as the ones available on the iphone app.

Thanks

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Just to check - after updating the firmware did you restart the TV/Spotify app?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Marked as solution

Just to help others: I had the same spotify issue after updating to the latest firmware (1109) on a samsung F6500SS. I also had the "famous" issue with the S recommendation in the smarthub being empty (all grey, empty blocks) Tried resetting everything. No result.

The problem went away by replacing my router.. I had a linksys wrt54G (the old blue one) and I replaced it with a new TPlink. 

Problems gone within a minute. No idea what my linksys was blocking..at least it was no wifi issue...

A happy user again..

I had the same problem and resolved it by updating the firmware. This link shows easy to follow instructions:

http://knowhow.com/article.dhtml?articleReference=890

So glad I got it working. I have a Samsung 40" LED ES5500.

Thanks for the advice all.

Hey everyone,

I kind of have the same problem right now.

I got a Samsung UE55F6500SS and installed Spotify and it worked fine (Firmware 1113).

I was listening to music all day yesterday and in the evening I turned my TV on and started the app and it says

""The device firmware does not support this application. Please update to the latest firmware" like it did with hillblom.

I installed firmware 1114 but no change.
I feel like someone's trying to have me.

Any ideas? 😕

Hi. Which country are you in and have you tried contacting Samsung support?

Hi,  Germany.

Yes I did but I haven't received an answer, which always seems to be the case for the German Samsung support haha 😄

But I guess I found the solution:
Deinstalling the app, turning TV off and on again and reinstall the app.

It's working so far, but who knows it the same mistake is going to occur again tonight haha

Viel Glück!

Hi

Whwn i try to start Spotify om my Samsung tv i can di everything besides start the music. When i try to start a song i get: An error has occurred. Error ID: 2.

How can i fix this

Hi. Are you using the latest firmware (Menu/support/software update)?

Hi I too seem to be having the same problem with spotify on our 55" modelF7500BMXRD have updated firmware, uninstalled spotify then reinstalled & have even replaced router, still no joy.

This thread seems to have several issues so could you please be more specific @xingyx ?

Hi,

It's been over a week now that I can't run spotify on my samsung UE40F8000 Smart TV.

I run Samsung TV firmware 1118 which is the latest available and I run Spotify App version 1.02205 which is the only available version (which is very bad compared to the iphone App).

Since I listen a lot of music on the TV with my home hifi setup, I consider revoking my spotify premium access since it doesn't work correctly, and hasn't been updated for ever.

Thanks for your quick input.

Marked as solution

ok, quick update / solution : I had to completly reinitialize my smart hub : menu/settings/smart features/reset smart hub 

And then reinstall spotify.

At first I had the message that the microcode was not compatible. I had to turn off / turn on the TV and finally it worked.

So now, please include in the spotify samsung smart TV  app the same features as the ones available on the iphone app.

Thanks

Hi! Can anyone please help me? I just bought a samsung uah4303ar smart tv. It shows a spotify app on the box, and i can certainly see the app on the smart hub. When i install it, it gives me error 300. All other apps like twitter install just fine. I have already reset my smartbhub, used another router/isp, but still to no avail. Ive contacted samsung support but theyre no help. TIA!

There is an easyest way: just do an internet upgrade.

Press the MENU button, select ‘Support’, ‘Software Update’, and then ‘Update now’. Just did that on my ES6500 and Spotfy started working. No need to download, copy to pendrive, risk usb problems, etc.

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_BR&CttFileID=5907166...

as far as I remember, upon buying the TV and connecting it to the Internet, I immediately updated the firmware until it said "you have the lastest software".

It has been a month since then, so I will try an upgrade again when I get home later today. I will update you  . Thanks!

Suggested posts