Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung ue55es8005 - several problems with spotify app

Samsung ue55es8005 - several problems with spotify app

Hi there. 

I have a samsung ue55es8005, with the spotify app. Not able to play or even sometimes log into my spotify account. 

Have tried logging directly into spotify account only using username and password (not facebook) and 50% of the time  I get a message "there seems to be a problem with your spotify account, please visit spotify.com/samsung to register" 

When I get access to the spotify account I cannot play the songs. No matter what song I choose I get the message "An error has occurred. Error ID: 2" 

I have tried the following : 

-  Update to the latest firmware - did not work 

-  Uninstalled and reinstalled the spotify app - didn't work 

- Changed username and password - didn't work 

Help wanted ! 

18 Replies

Same problem here. Same TV.

Please help.

Hi everyone. Rorey from Spotify here. We're investigating the issue at the moment but it would help out greatly if everyone could answer this question. 

Have you updated the TV firmware or Samsung Smart Hub recently?

Also if you could let us know the following:

• Your TV model number
  • Your Firmware version 

Hi!

I have samsung smart tv ue40es8005, and i just updated my spotify. Now I can't play any songs, it says  "An error has occurred. Error ID: 2". What can I do to make my spotify work again?

Hi There,

You need to update firmware at your Samsung TV.

Make sure source is set to TV (not HDMI or any external)

Go into Menu --> Support --> Software update --> and then update...properly online 🙂

You might have to uninstall Spotify and reinstall it again, mine worked without 🙂

Hope it helps!

Hi,

I have new problems with Samsung 7005 smart (?) tv. Spotify search is not working.

-Iif I remember right, it was ok yesterday.
I updated tv's firmware but no effect.

Another thing... Any news about smart tv bitrate? Is it still 160 kbs?

Same here: Error ID 2 when playing any tune.

Worked perfectly for 8 months and at latest June 28 2013. So maybe a compatibity problem with the samsung firmware?

My TV is UE55ES6805 with firmware version supposed to be the latest: T-MST10PDEUC-1028.2, BT - G

Spotify version: 1.01511 (date: 2013/07/19)

I have had the same problem "Error ID 2" for some time with my Samsung TV (UE55ES7005). Have you found any solution to this problem? 

Tnx! 

/Ellen

A new version of the Spotify app for Samsung TVs went live last week which may have fixed this issue. Can everyone update their firmware and let us know if you're still getting this issue?

Hello,

It is monthssssss now that this is a recurring problem with Spotify on Samsung TV... It has been working perfect for a while but it is really crapy now... When will we get a fix for this??? Can someone help ??

thanks

What errors are you getting and have you checked that your firmware is up to date? 

I have Code Error 2 showing up when I try to launch a song... the firmware is normally updated... app version on TV is 1.021

thks

I get error 2 occasionally. Quitting the app and restarting often fixes it for me. If you get it all the time, it may be worth getting in touch with Samsung support.

I had same problem and upgraded with last firmware and it worked.

Thanks for the info @erfredh .

Would everyone else mind trying a firmware upgrade to see if the situation improves? 

Done a firmware update recently and problem solved. Works perfect now;

Thanks

I have the same problem. Firmware update has been done already. Any ideas? 😞

Suggested posts