NEXT STEP

Saved albums/songs show as unsaved in search results and on artist profiles

Saved albums/songs show as unsaved in search results and on artist profiles

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

My Question or Issue

This could be a little confusing but recently, when I search a song on Spotify, the result will come up with the right song on right album but it will be bizarrely marked as unsaved (ie. it will frustratingly have 'Save' or '+' written on it) despite me having the song, or, seemingly an exact 'duplicate' of it saved.

It seems as if a recent change made a 'new' version of the album available in search results/artist profiles whilst the version I have songs saved off doesn't come up. What doesn't make sense to me is why this would happen across so many albums from different artists/labels at the same time?

If I was to search a song directly from my library however, it will come up with the version of the album, titled the exact same, where the correct songs are saved.

As I said, I've noticed this with a number of albums from different artsits/labels, ie. A number of Kanye West albums, Kendrick Lamar's **bleep**. & To **bleep** A Butterfly amongst lesser known others. Crucially, not even all albums from the same artist are behaving like this - for example, I can search a song off of Kanye West's Late Registration and the result will show the song as 'saved', the same version as in my library, but if I was to then try My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy or The Life of Pablo, the result song will show as unsaved. The only way to find my, 'saved' version of the album is to go through my library and select, seemingly, the exact same the album. From there I'd be able to view the version of the album where my songs are actually saved properly. It's the same case on both my Android and PC versions of Spotify and its just rather frustrating when you search a song to queue and it tells you its not saved and is marked with a '+' as it plays.

😕Library ResultLibrary Result

Search ResultSearch Result

3 Replies

Hey @JH1723, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No need to worry though, we're here to help 🙂

Does the issue persist if you log out and back in a few times from both of your devices? If not, you can try a clean reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Just wanted to say I noticed the same issue also while trying to listen to Kanye albums! I’m glad you were able to describe the issue so well because I didn’t even know where to begin tbh. At first I thought it had to do with me downgrading back to the free version of the app but I don’t think that’s it. Very weird issue we’re experiencing 

Hi there,

Bit late to this but I've the same issue with a multitude of artists for months despite serveral clean re-installations. It just seems to refresh any artist's albums and page with new versions of the exact same tracks that then appear as 'unsaved to library' despite the duplicate copy found in 'my songs'. 

Not a huge issue but it would make playlist organisation and removal of duplicate tracks signifcantly easier if this was not always happening.

Thanks for any help,

Olly

Suggested posts