Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Says "Another account is already registered with this email address." Not true.

Says "Another account is already registered with this email address." Not true.

I have had Spotify for about six years now (I was living in Europe at the time it first came out).  I recently tried to find a friend on Spotify to Follow, but only Facebook friends were coming up. I tried names, user names, email addresses. Nothing worked. So, I clicked on "Account..." to try to see if there was a setting there that would help me Follow friends. At that point, I realised that my zip code was a year old - I live in the US, but just moved to a different state. When I went to change the zip code, it said, "Another account is already registered with this email address." What? I;ve had this same account for over six years. What is going on? I can't change any of my account details because I keep getting that message. 

A.) I want to be able to change my zip code and know that my email address is still mine.

B.) I want to be able to Follow friends, and not just the ones I have on Facebook. 

C.) I want to make sure no one has access to my account. 

Please help!

1 Reply

This is pretty common if you use the same email address for Spotify as for Facebook (caused by a Facebook-Spotify account being in the system, you may not even be aware you ever created it).

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can remove the extra account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts