Scramble feature no working properly on Xbox

Scramble feature no working properly on Xbox

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Xbox One)

My Question or Issue

Trying to scramble all the songs in my collection, but it only scrambles the songs closest to each other? It's hard to explain. I added about five albums to my collection today and it's only scrambling songs from those five albums. This is under the 'songs' category and it USED to play any random song in my collection. 

3 Replies

Hey @KellofallKells.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community - we'll be happy to help 🙂

Could you let us know if this happens when using Spotify Connect with your Xbox, or only when using your Xbox app? In addition, do you press the shuffle button when using Connect, or directly on your Xbox?

In any case, we'd recommend logging out and back into your account on your Xbox and seeing if that makes things work.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

I've tried playing music and scrambling from both my phone and desktop. Even when I select my Xbox as the output source, it'll scramble everything just fine... temporarily. Maybe about 30 seconds later, it'll scramble itself again, but with only the most recently added songs lumped together. I think it's like decending order kind of deal. Real hard to explain. 

Hey @KellofallKells,

If we understand you correctly, you're using the Connect feature to connect to your Xbox, and when you hit Shuffle, it shuffles your music but only plays through the 5 most recent albums you added. Is that correct?

If so, we'll need some more info. Can you tell us step by step what happens from the moment you start the app, to the moment the issue occurs? We're also interested in where you start playing your music. Is it from your Songs section in the app? Do you have more saved music there than the 5 albums you recently added? 

We understand this might be tricky to explain, but give us as much info as possible and we'll try to help you out.

All the best 🙂

Suggested posts