Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search by release date 'Recommended Songs'

Search by release date 'Recommended Songs'

I love all the new music that Spotify finds and suggests. I have found in some categories Spotify really struggles to suggest contemporary songs.  I know it has been suggested before (in this forum) to allow us users to search and find songs by release date - I am cheering for this too. I would like to add it would be great to also be able to direct Spotify to 'recommend' songs by decade or year etc... For example, I have a new playlist I dropped a Glitch Mob song in, a Skrillex song ft. Damian Marley and the recommendations I was presented with were 40+-year-old traditional reggae songs.  I hit refresh a bunch of times. I added to the folder. I started a new one with only one song in it at a time to see what came up... no dice. May be that this is just a tricky category but it has happened with other styles of music too such as neo tango; recommendations were ancient scratchy recordings of very traditional tango music. Given I had Gotan Project and Banjofondo in the playlist to start, it made no sense... *from my perspective. There are vibrant communities making new music in more than just indie rock/pop and I am always hoping that Spotify will connect me with them. Is this a 'world music' issue? and Spotify is built mostly on American music?

Sending love and gratitude. I am happy to be a premium member. Music saved my life.

xoxo

r

0 Replies

Suggested posts