Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search within your own playlists

Solved!

Search within your own playlists

Please can we have a way that we can search for individual tracks within our made playlists. I have thousands of tracks in all different kinds of playlists but when I want to go to a particular track with in that pay list there is no way to do it.

please put a search option for this. 

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello Ronnie!

To do it in the phone app you have to click the icon of 3 little dots in the upper right corner. Then you have to look for the option "search in playlist" and then just type the song!

I'll put some screencaps bellow.

(sorry mine is in spanish but i think you can get the general idea)

I hope this can help you 😄

View solution in original post

IMG_20181230_155709.jpg
Screenshot_2018-12-30-15-53-15-226_com.spotify.music.png
19 Replies

You can already do that in Spotify!

There is a seach bar just below the playlist cover and title, you can write the name of the song there and it should appear.

(I'll put a screencap bellow in case you can't find the searchbar)

Captura de pantalla 2018-12-27 a las 20.52.44.png

Hi thank you so much for your reply. I have found this on my Spotify desktop but can you do this within the app too? I can’t seem to find it there.

Many thanks for you help.

Ronnie
Marked as solution

Hello Ronnie!

To do it in the phone app you have to click the icon of 3 little dots in the upper right corner. Then you have to look for the option "search in playlist" and then just type the song!

I'll put some screencaps bellow.

(sorry mine is in spanish but i think you can get the general idea)

I hope this can help you 😄

IMG_20181230_155709.jpg
Screenshot_2018-12-30-15-53-15-226_com.spotify.music.png

Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me.  I know, finally know how to do it. 

Thanks,

Ronnie

No problem, Im glad I could help 🙂

This only works for one playlist. I want to search for an artist in maybe ten playlists at once. Is this possible?

Hey @funkysverk,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The option to search for an artist in all your playlists simultaneously is not available at the moment, but if you'd like to present your feedback regarding this as an Idea for Spotify, it'd be great for you to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For anyone also wanting the functionality funkysverk brought up, you can add your vote to the idea submission here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Search-within-all-Playlists/idi-p/1558149

Go to 9ww(d o t)github(d o t)io

As someone close to the author I can assure you the webapp does only read-only operations and the data stays on your device. And in case of a filtration a outside attacker can't do too much, he only can look at the music you like, or maybe are you listening too much 40's propaganda german songs?

Thanks @victor871129.   Yes, this is exactly what was asked for. This external Spotify search webapp (violet) works and solves the problem.

But it really should be part of Spotify - IMHO. Most of what the violet.guru webapp does is already done in the spotify app.

Hey there @chipbite,

Thanks for your post and confirming that workaround worked for you.

At this point, we'd suggest that you or anyone who feels the same try and submit the idea in the Community Ideas Exchange page, like @Mario suggested previously. 

You can click here to start submitting it.

Make sure you read the guidelines to submitting ideas for Spotify to make the most of these precious input from these discussions.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

Hey @alex - I think a significant problem is this web forum. It sucks.

So here's an idea: The 90's wants its web forum tech back, so give it up, and then implement a modern and more helpful forum.

Respectfully, but with honesty. Take care!

Hey @chipbite,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

If you want to know more about how your feedback reach Spotify, you can have a look here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The web "Search A Song In All My Own Playlists" is at 9ww(d o t)github(d o t)io

Hey! 
I can't find the option to search for a song within a playlist. Also, I can't search and listen to a specific song in my mobile app but I can do it on my desktop, when I use Spotify on my mobile, I can't listen to a song of my choice instead I just have to listen to the whole playlist it's so frustrating.

Hey @Ellykim,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The option to pick a specific song in the mobile app it’s only available for Premium subscribers. However, any type of account can use this feature in the desktop app.

As with a free account you cannot select a specific song, the option to search for a track within the playlist is a Premium feature too. With a Premium subscription you can drag the playlist picture down to show an extra option on the top of the screen to sort and search for a specific song.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator

Hi Spotify! I think that is a great app, but something that would make it even greater would be adding a search option to an already existing playlist. There are songs that I sometimes forget are on my playlist, so being able to look for them by typing on a search bar instead of scrolling through the 2,000+ songs I have on my playlist would be so much faster and easier for me and everyone that uses Spotify. Hope you guys will take this into consideration. 

Thanks! 

Victor

You are the MAN !!!

This is EXACTLY what I needed.

Thank you so much.

I would be great if Spotify added this feature to its funkKtions (smile)

Sounds nice doesn’t work

Suggested posts