Announcements

Search within your own playlists

Solved!

Search within your own playlists

Casual Listener

Please can we have a way that we can search for individual tracks within our made playlists. I have thousands of tracks in all different kinds of playlists but when I want to go to a particular track with in that pay list there is no way to do it.

please put a search option for this. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Search within your own playlists

Music Fan

Hello Ronnie!

To do it in the phone app you have to click the icon of 3 little dots in the upper right corner. Then you have to look for the option "search in playlist" and then just type the song!

I'll put some screencaps bellow.

(sorry mine is in spanish but i think you can get the general idea)

I hope this can help you 😄

View solution in original post

IMG_20181230_155709.jpg
Screenshot_2018-12-30-15-53-15-226_com.spotify.music.png
13 Replies

Music Fan

You can already do that in Spotify!

There is a seach bar just below the playlist cover and title, you can write the name of the song there and it should appear.

(I'll put a screencap bellow in case you can't find the searchbar)

Captura de pantalla 2018-12-27 a las 20.52.44.png

Casual Listener
Hi thank you so much for your reply. I have found this on my Spotify desktop but can you do this within the app too? I can’t seem to find it there.

Many thanks for you help.

Ronnie
Solution!

Music Fan

Hello Ronnie!

To do it in the phone app you have to click the icon of 3 little dots in the upper right corner. Then you have to look for the option "search in playlist" and then just type the song!

I'll put some screencaps bellow.

(sorry mine is in spanish but i think you can get the general idea)

I hope this can help you 😄

View solution in original post

IMG_20181230_155709.jpg
Screenshot_2018-12-30-15-53-15-226_com.spotify.music.png

Casual Listener

Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me.  I know, finally know how to do it. 

Thanks,

Ronnie

Music Fan

No problem, Im glad I could help 🙂

Regular

This only works for one playlist. I want to search for an artist in maybe ten playlists at once. Is this possible?

Hey @funkysverk,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The option to search for an artist in all your playlists simultaneously is not available at the moment, but if you'd like to present your feedback regarding this as an Idea for Spotify, it'd be great for you to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland

Visitor
For anyone also wanting the functionality funkysverk brought up, you can add your vote to the idea submission here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Search-within-all-Playlists/idi-p/1558149

Casual Listener

Look in google for violet guru search. As someone close to the author I can assure you the webapp does only read-only operations and the data stays on your device. And in case of a filtration a outside attacker can't do too much, he only can look at the music you like, or maybe are you listening too much 40's propaganda german songs?

SUGGESTED POSTS