Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Selling private playlists on Spotify

Selling private playlists on Spotify

Hi,

I've tried to search for this topic, but any answers was found. Is it allowed to sell private Spotify playlist to other accounts? 

6 Replies

Hey @iamkernius

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Take into account that selling or buying playlists or accounts go against our Terms and Conditions. 

Additionally, the Spotify accounts are for personal use only and they can't be shared with other users. 

If you have any questions. just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi 🙂

Thanks for your reply. This is not about selling account or letting other people use it - it's about contributing private playlist that you've created to other people for an amount of money.

Creating good, structured and individual playlist takes time (sometimes a lot of time), so correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess there's nothing wrong to be paid for the job you've done.:)

Hi @iamkernius,

The Spotify app is intended for non-commercial personal use only. So, yes - it will be illegal to try selling private playlists.

Selling private playlists would also not be ideal, as tracks and albums often get replaced/reuploaded or removed from the platform. Furthermore once a private playlist is shared with one user they can re-distribute it to multiple users. Also, different content is available for streaming in different regions, so a playlist you've created in your country may be entirely unavailable somewhere else.

Hope this makes sense. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, Alex,
First of all - thanks for your reply. I understand your point and it absolutely makes sense, but..

1. What if I, for example, get a request from a private person to create a playlist? As I've said, it can take hours to make great playlist, and also, maybe that person wouldn't know some of the tracks that I know. Maybe it can be called as "creation of playlist" service that could have a price (only for the work used for track search and adjusting them to playlist).
2. Different content problem would be solved if a playlist will be played locally.
3. If the playlist will be re-distributed to others - it's another person's responsibility whether he/she wants to share it for somebody else or no.

Hey @iamkernius,

Thanks for the reply.

Any sort of commercial activity surrounding offering services to curate or create, playlists or similar is not permitted.

If you want to offer consultancy services on how to improve the popularity of a playlist, without actually modifying any content on Spotify, including playlists, we suggest to get in touch with a legal team to proof if that can be done within the boundaries of our Terms and Conditions, as we as moderators are not experts on the matter.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Alex - what if you did not read those terms and did not know this was a problem until your account has been disabled.  How can I get that account back?  I have been in contact with Customer Service for over a month now, via chat, and they keep promising an email and an email never comes.  Disabling the premium spotify account has also disabled the spotify for artist account and I cannot access that now also.  Please help and let me know what I can do to get access back.  Thanks.

Suggested posts