Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Send podcast to other device doesn't work for some podcasts

Send podcast to other device doesn't work for some podcasts

snarum
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Windows 10, Pixel 2xl, Ipod

Operating System

newest

My Question or Issue

Some podcasts refuse to be played on my home spotify compatible devices. I have tested both Bluesound, Sonos and chromecast. The list of devices show up with greyed out devices stating "Can't play this right now". Using AirPlay from spotify works.

Here's a podcast that I have this problem with:

https://open.spotify.com/show/61cSCIuBEWnBdJ4h4nia4q

While this works fine:

https://open.spotify.com/show/5d25K5mZMztdqeTu7kTN6G

I have tries both Android phone, Windows 10 pc and IPod, all with the same result.

Any suggestions?

spotify1.png
spotify2.png
4 Replies

Re: Send podcast to other device doesn't work for some podcasts

Hey @snarum

Are you able to connect to another speaker device which is not listed, e.g. a new device you haven't tried with before? 

Keep in mind that some podcasts are not available to be played on all devices, and this might explain why you don't see any speakers to connect to. We're aware of this and are working on it. 

In the meantime, always make sure you have your app up-to-date.

Hope that explains things! :)

JemiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Use the force, Harry" - Gandalf

snarum
Casual Listener

I'm not quite sure how to define a "new device". In my home network I have 3 bluesound zones, a sonos speaker, a chromecast audio and a denon receiver with spotify connect, and all appear as "can't play this right now" in spotify on the affected podcasts. I have a colleague that experience the same thing on his network.

How about you? have you tried to reproduce?

snarum
Casual Listener

As a curiosity, when I download the episodes on the troublesome podcasts and play them offline, the devices appear as available. But when I try to use them spotify displays "connecting..." forever.

snarum
Casual Listener

No updates on this? I was hoping the big recent update to Spotify would fix things, but no. I still cannot hear some of my podcasts on my wireless speakers.

SUGGESTED POSTS