Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch - Connected to Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Tizen / Android

My Question or Issue

Ever since I installed the update to Spotify 2.4.6 for Samsung Galaxy Watch my watch has had severe battery life problems - Usually after a full day of normal use the watch has about 75-80% battery remaining. After the update it doesn't even make it to the end of the day without going completely flat. My watch now keeps notifying me that Spotify is using a lot of battery even though I'm not using it on my watch. Selecting the option to 'fix' that Tizen shows in the high battery use notification doesn't seem to be effective and the notification just keeps coming up. I've had to remove Spotify from my watch because the watch is unusable with it installed.

3 Replies

I've noticed the same, but the update today (26/01 UK) seems to have fixed the issue. I love connecting my Galaxy buds to my watch and going phoneless all day. Lately this has been hard unless I take my watch charger to work of have a Qi wireless battery pack with me.

Fingers crossed for a fix 👍

I uninstalled Spotify app... it didn't fix the battery issue. It seems like it started at pretty much the same time as update and the watch showed notifications which blamed Spotify for high battery use.

I'm thinking now watch OS update or hardware issue.

samjgalbraith, I also experience a rough battery consumption, but it happens time to time, and happens not just with watch but with smartphone as well. I really don't know how to fix it in total, but this power bank ( link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08527CGRT ), helped me with instant charging. It has 20000 mAh and it lasts for a whole week of travelling, isn't it great?

Suggested posts