Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share a playlist with friends

Share a playlist with friends

I have added some friends to my spotify, we are not connected by any other social media and are unlikey to be. If I right click on a playlist or song I can share with the following

facebbook

messenger

twitter

telegram

tumblr copy song link

copy embed code

copy spotify URL

None of these options are any good to me, how can I share a song or playlist via spotify to a person who shows under my friends?

8 Replies

Hello @sjp1966,

Right now, Spotify doesn't have an in-app messenger or some way to share your songs with you friends from the app. However, Spotify provides a lot of ways to share your songs with your friends. You can share your songs over WhatsApp, SMS, email or any other social media. You can even copy the link of the songs and share them in the Music Chat of the Community.

Hope this helps, have a nice day. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with ๐Ÿ™‚

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As I say though, I dont have some of these people on any other social media, so our only connection is spotify. I would seem like something is being missed here by spotify in order to promote the music and its service to others.

Hello! I see your point. I'd recommend reading this closed idea about this topic. That might help.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-Notifications/i...

Have a nice day. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jose_MSpotify Star

There was no way to reply on that thread, just said keep and eye on things here and included a link, they say they took out a messaging feature becuase it wasnt used, and yet they offer methods of sharing.

Thing is I have these people as friends on spotify, I am sure that the introduction of a simple notification feature so i can right click and notify a friends of a newly created playlist that they can choose to follow (or not) would not take much in the way of resources or upokeep (doesnt have to be a messaging option). As it is the friends activity option is flaky at best not showing all what people have played, spotify seem to be big on sharing music and yet done cover all the bases.

They should either do it properly or not do it at all

Hi there!

This sounds like a good idea. Iโ€™d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

Thisโ€™ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Jose_MSpotify Star

That would be amazing, since they have disabled the chat feature (wich we reallly miss).

Thanks, I am trying to work out how to post in that section.

Hello @sjp1966!

You can post a brand new idea clicking here. You can find that button at the botom of the Idea Submission page.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts