Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing library with family

Sharing library with family

Plan: Premium for Family

My Question or Issue:

Here's what I am trying to do:

When I am listening and if I like a song, I simply press the + (on Android) or heart symbols (on macOS) and that automatically adds that song to my library. It's simply and requires only one click.

Since we have a premium for family account, we would like to share our library/songs with each other. I browsed through the forums about sharing a library with family members. One suggestion I ran across was to add all the songs in a library to a playlist and share that playlist. Let's say I do this, the next time I like a song, it won't add to this playlist and the library and playlist are now out of sync. 

How do I achieve what I am trying to do? Am I missing something obvious? Thank you.

5 Replies

Hey @thanirs.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Although it's not possible to share your library, it is possible to share playlists. You can even make a Collaborative Playlist which enables other users to add songs as well.

If you want to share music in your library, you'll need to put all songs in a playlist and every time you add a song to your library you'll also need to add it to the playlist.

You can find more ways on how to share music here.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Thanks for your reply. This is what I am doing right now as a work around.

Hey there @thanirs,

Thanks for getting back and clarifying.

If having a shared library for accounts in the same Premium for Family plan is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend heading in our Ideas Exchange and posting it here. This way, you and other users can vote for it and leave your feedback.

Further, if you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Have a nice day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I made a simple webapp to synchronize your library with a public playlist.

Source code: https://github.com/frafra/spotify-share-library

Nice.

Suggested posts