NEXT STEP

Shows With Music won't play on Google Home

Shows With Music won't play on Google Home

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 4, Google Home Mini, Google Chromecast Audio, Samsung Smart TV, Google Nest Audio

Operating System

Latest on all

My Question or Issue

When listening to "Shows with Music" (eg: ChillDaBeats, or 10 Songs That Made Me) it will play fine through the Android app but you then cannot move the audio to any of the connected devices shown above, they all are greyed out when trying to select device and show the message "Can't play this right now". If I connect to the device first, and then try to play a Show With Music the play button does nothing when pressed.

Does anyone know of a solution to this or is it just not currently supported?

10 Replies

As a quick update, I have seen a common solution is a clean install of the app so just tried this without any success. The problem still persists.

Hey there @camtaylor91,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can try with another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I've since tried both another account and differing connections but I'm still having the same problem.

Cheers,

Hey @camtaylor91,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

It's a good idea to make sure that the firmware is up-to-date. In case you're using any battery optimization or power saving apps, you can deactivate them for Spotify.

You can also send us a screenshots of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted. We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ver,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm running a fresh install of the android app on Android version 11 (latest version) and all firmware across my devices is up to date.

I have recorded my screen to show the issue I'm having, hopefully you can see as I've had to compress it a fair bit to attach. Here is the order of the video:

1) Play a "Show with Music" (ChillDaBeats) and plays fine through phone speakers/headphones/bluetooth

2)Try to select a device to cast to and all bar my laptop show as unavailable

3)Play a 'Normal' podcast and all devices are now available

4)Play the same song as the Show with Music and all devices are available

5)Cast the song to my device HiFi (Chromecast audio connected to an amp) and music transfers fine

6)Go back to ChillDaBeats and pressing the play button does nothing while connected to HiFi (hopefully you can see me try to press it on video)

Cheers,

Cam

Hey @camtaylor91,

Thanks for the info and the video 🙂

This is an expected behavior because currently there is no option to play a podcast with Connect. You can head here as this idea seems similar to your suggestion. You can add your +Vote and your feedback to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator

I’m having the same issue with Spotify not connecting to my google nest speakers. It isn’t working with my Spotify profile but connects fine through my daughter’s profile. I’ve cleared the cache

on my phone and deleted the Spotify folder on my Mac and deleted and reinstalled the apps and nothing connects nor can I ask Google to play anything from Spotify. Pls advise, thanks. 

Hi @monimoni,

Thank you for posting on this thread!

Can you confirm if you're able to stream music from your phone using your account and the Connect feature?

If you can't, please send us a video or some screenshots showing how the issue happens. This way we can understand better what's happening on your side. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator

My Spotify stopped connecting to everything today. It will play on my Mac and on my iPhone and other devices but I can not play anything on the Webplayer even though I can see my account and playlists. I am unable to connect to my Google Home speakers even after resetting all connections, linking/unlinking, clearing cache on phone and Mac and re-installing Spotify.

It is also allowing me to play different music on all diff devices at the same time while all are logged into my profile whereas in the past, it will show a message that says, you are listening on device A, continue on this device, etc.

I am also unable to display my Spotify status on Discord even though I reset all the settings too.

I have tried every troubleshooting tip and nothing is working. I also tried connecting with my daughter's Spotify and everything works as it should so it is definitely something to do with my profile because it was working fine 12 hours ago. I have been a Spotify Premium user for years and have around 160 playlists and do not wish to create a new account in order to transfer everything over. I honestly don't know what else to do at this point bc I have tried everything.

Hi @monimoni,

Thank you for your reply and for all of the troubleshooting you've done so far.

If this suddenly started happening it might be an intermittent issue and could resolve itself.

We would suggest waiting 48hrs, then resetting all involved devices and trying again.

If this is still an issue, best would be to get in touch with our customer support team so they can have a closer look at your account.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts