Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle for Smart TVs and Consoles

Shuffle for Smart TVs and Consoles

Dear Spotify, As understood from the title, lack of shuffle function in Smart TV and console (eg. xbox) apps is a huge difficulty to enjoy our spotify experience. Putting a “shuffle” button next to the “play” button on top of a playlist s It is very disappointing to would solve this imho. It is very disappointing to see that Spotify app for Smart TVs and Consoles have very less functions. I know that this idea has been raised (and closed) before but I wanted to raise it again, as I know at least 10 people in my social circle who are complaining about this issue. It would be great if search functions in the above mentioned apps were developed as well. All the best and I wish you a day full of music ! P.S.: I couldn't post this as an "idea", because the labels box on the right side of the page was blank and I was not able to add any labels to my idea. So the web page didn't let me to post it without labels.
7 Replies

Hey @aytekcingitas.

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is a way to Shuffle if you have a Spotify Connect enabled device.

Simply start playing music on your mobile device and enable Shuffle. Then you may stream the music using Spotify Connect to any compatible device. You can read more about Spotify Connect here.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank you sir, for the workaround.

But yes, we have further questions, because the original question is not wheter or not we can do it using our mobile device.

I have the same suggestion as the OP, it's probably very simple to add a shuffle button to TV Apps (I am using LG TV), and it helps a lot. A lot of us use the app when we don't want or can't use our mobile phone, that's why we use the app separately from the phone. Nowadays people get so much tired of phones than a lot of times we just want to forget them for a while, especially when listening to music.

Since I know Spotifiy cares about suggestions, here's my thumbs up to this topic. I am sure there's more people like us. Thank you so much.

Hey there @pmg2013

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks as we always strive to improve our users' experience. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here to help. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to use my phone when I want to listen on my TV. Please create a shuffle button for the TV apps.

Thank you.

Hey @SeagirlMG,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Depending on the TV, the app may look different since every brand develops its own version. However, the shuffle button is one of the features that is usually included on them. In this case, we'd first recommend checking if you have any pending updates to your OS or app version. We'd also recommend reinstalling the app to make sure it's on the latest update. 

If the issue persists, include in your next response the make and model of your TV, along with the Spotify version you're currently running, to continue investigating the case. It would also be great if you could send some screenshots so we can take a better look.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I'm having this problem. My tv is a 58" Sharp Roku TV, model LC-58Q73+ software version 12.5.5 and build 4174-40. The Spotify version I'm running is 2.11, and I'm on Premium. When I go to play a playlist, there is no option next to the play button for shuffle, so I can only shuffle by hitting play, and then going to the screen where it shows the song and going over and selecting to shuffle and repeat the playlist. I would really appreciate a fix to this.

Hey @dyll-pickless

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and for providing us with your details. 

At this moment the shuffle feature is only available within the Now Playing View on the TV app. If you have an Idea for a new feature or addition to the app you're welcome to post an Idea about it on our Ideas board. If your Idea gains enough traction with other users we can forward it to the development team to be reviewed and acted upon! You can post your idea through here.

Cheers.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts