Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle in general

Shuffle in general

Is it just me or doesn't Spotify's shuffle just shuffle enough? I usually listen to albums as a whole, but when I'm driving to work I usually just put on a playlist on shuffle. I have a 250 track playlist that I listen to most of the time and it just seems that a few dozen of songs just keep repeating way more often than most of the playlist. There's songs on the playlist that I don't even remember hearing when using shuffle. My daily drive is about an hour long and I've been using the same playlist for months so there would've been plenty of time to go through the whole playlist multiple times. 

I know that computers can't really create perfectly random numbers, but this just seems way too "unrandom". I've never had any problems like this with other players such as Winamp or foobar.

1 Reply

They have improved the shuffle mode in the desktop software a year ago, but as far as I remember that fix hasn't made it to their mobile apps yet:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Your-Ideas-At-Work-Shuffle-Improvements/td-p/...

Suggested posts