Solved!

Re: Shuffle only plays the first few songs

tvarano54
Regular

Here are some pure shuffle screenshots.

tvarano54_0-1617815881376.png

tvarano54_1-1617815917936.png

tvarano54_2-1617815939296.png

Here are some where I choose a song like halfway through the playlist.

tvarano54_3-1617815981254.png

tvarano54_4-1617815997356.png

any time I toggle on and off shuffle, I get the same effect.

I've never organically noticed it, but it seems to happen on any Deep Dive playlist. I have a feeling it is based on the number of songs in the playlist?

Also let me note shuffle works fine on some 700-900 song playlists I've made myself. It's just the Spotify playlists (I've only tested Deep Dive).

Jeremy

Hi again @tvarano54,

Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots.

We can confirm that this is how shuffle works for now in some Spotify created playlists, but won't affect your own playlists.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

tvarano54
Regular

Hi, 

So just to make sure, this is intentional? It seems horribly broken. There's no attempt going on to fix this?

I just find it surprising that shuffle would ever be designed to play the same songs over and over no matter what.

Solution!

Eni

Hey @tvarano54

We understand where you're coming from. 

As @Jeremy mentioned, this is expected behavior for Spotify-created playlists, but no worries it doesn't affect your own playlists.

We really value your feedback as it helps us to improve the app, and we'll make sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

We hope this clear things up. If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS