Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sign in problems garmin smartwatch

Solved!

Sign in problems garmin smartwatch

Hi All,

Yesterday I have purchased Spotify Premium Family in order to stream music onto my garmin fenix 5s plus smartwatch. However, after downloading the spotify app from Garmin Connect IQ store and trying to sign in after just following the steps, i get the message: Spotify, there was a problem getting you signed in! (see image)

This is repeatedly, i've checked that every program is updated, which is. Today I've found out that a lot of people are struggling with this problem, see here: 

https://apps.garmin.com/nl-NL/apps/30c6c876-ba43-4cbb-b4c7-03583a7cb66b

Hope somebody has an answer!!

Thank you,

Best Inge

IMG_4907.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a solution!

After speaking to customer support I found that you can complete the sign in by linking your watch to another phone. Once you have signed in, you can connect back to your own phone and it will let you download your music!

(My phone is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and using an iPhone SE worked fine)

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Same problem here. Tried re-install, reboot nothing works.

Have the same issue. Anyone tried already contacting also Garmin?

I have also send them an e-mail today explaining the problem, no response yet.

I've had a response from garmin, they suggest the following:

Go to spotify app on your smartphone > settings > storage > cache. Delete cache memory and try again to log in. 

Hopefully this works for you all!

I have got update of Garmin Connect to version 4.29.1 and it solved the problem! I was able to sign in and sync the music.

Marked as solution

I have found a solution!

After speaking to customer support I found that you can complete the sign in by linking your watch to another phone. Once you have signed in, you can connect back to your own phone and it will let you download your music!

(My phone is a Huawei Mate 20 Pro and using an iPhone SE worked fine)

As the poster above mentioned, the problem can be bypassed by using an iPhone with the latest version of Garmin Connect app posted in the App Store and connecting to Spotify from there first. Currently the App Store version of Garmin Connect sits at 4.29.1.1 so I would say that the app must be at minimum this version for it to work. The Android version of Garmin Connect does not work regardless of the device because the Play Store app is still only at version 4.29. I have tested three Android devices, Pixel 4 XL, Samsung S20 Ultra, and Samsung Note 10+ and none of them are able to connect to Spotify using version 4.29 of the app posted in the Play Store.

Is this seriously the only way to fix this problem? What about those of us that don't have a stupid iPhone just sitting around. I bought premium for this and I can't sign in. Do I need to return this junk watch? 

This is the only way so far. I strongly suggest hammering on Garmin to get this fixed by actually calling and pressing on them. I believe that they believe that they have this issue fixed in the app in the Play Store, but I suspect that they don't understand that their app in the Play Store is out of date. iPhone app in the App Store had the same problem, until it was updated to a release newer than 4.29.

I just tried this, and it worked after a long, frustrating day with both Spotify and Jabra(earbuds). Thank you so much for posting this suggestion!

This might be an even better solution for those who don't have easy access to an iPhone or don't want to go through those steps.

• I uninstalled the latest version of Garmin Connect (4.29) and reinstalled the previous version (4.22) using the apkmirror website. That version allowed me to link up Spotify, no problem. Then you can update Connect back to 4.29 using the Play Store and get back on with your life.

Hi guys, I didn't have to link my watch to an iPhone or anything similar. I just uninstalled the app on my mobile (Samsung S9) and reinstalled it again, then relinked my watch to the phone and when tried to log in to Spotify again it worked seamlessly. It just prompted me to the Spotify log in menu, signed in with Facebook (in my case), looked at my watch and voila, problem solved!!

Hope this works for any of you.

Suggested posts