Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skipping songs from Sonos

Skipping songs from Sonos

I've been using Spotify through Sonos successfully for a long time now. This week, though, it's been skipping most Spotify songs. It will play a few seconds to a minute, then move to the next. The message on the Sonos app is about losing its connection. Any ideas how to debug this further?
19 Replies

I am having the same problem, either playing snippets of songs then moving on or getting error message that connection to spotify has been lost. This has not been corrected either by logging out of spotify on all devices and reinstalling app........frustrating.

Same happening here. Started having problems two days ago.

Reset everything. Have signed up for rdio which works fine so would not appear to be sonos issue.

The same for me. It started yesterday. All other Sonos services are working properly.

Same here. Songs start and play for some time, but not the complete song. Then either the next song starts, or it stops playing all together...

Any information would be highly appreciated.

I am having the exact same problem with sonos.  Plays song for a couple of seconds then times out.  I am having a problem in my car with bluetooth as well - pauses after about 20 or 30 seconds.  I tried all of the fixes listed online - no help.  I downloaded google play and its working just fine on my sonos and my car.  So is pandora.  This has to be a spotify issue.  Plan on cancelling my subscription if they can't get this issue fixed - its super frustrating.

I am working with spotify technical support and they haven't solved the problem. You are correct that other streaming services work via sonos but not spotify.

The problem is the same on the Windows Client. It's even worse. Impossible to listen to music more than 10 seconds...

It's definitively not a Sonos problem.

And tech support incapable of solving it. Guess I will have to cancel.

I'm not completely sure my problem is fixed, but after doing these things the songs started to play normal again yesterday... 

I found a tip telling me that the channel of my bridge might be the same as the channel of my wifi-network, which happened to be true... Therefor I've changed the channel on the bridge and reinitialized the controller and so on...

Afterwards the skipping didn't happen again... Not sure if it is a permanent solution, but for the moment... it lasts...

Hopefully this might help some of you...

Cheers

David.

In my case, it is not a WiFi problem. All my Sonos and my PC are connected to the network with cable.

Same problem here and with cable.

Today, everthing is working again. I did not do anything to my network configuration.

i still have the problem.
But good it is fixed for you.

Perhaps it is location dependend. Spotify properly have some datacenter spread around the world.

I am located in denmark, (northen europe).

Same problem. Was posting here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Songs-randomly-stop-playing/idc-p/1018722#M5...

Basically haven't been able to use Spotify on Sonos for a week. During that same time the Mac and Android clients have also been having problems (they'll randomly "pause" without any indication as to why, no error or anything they just stop in the middle of most songs, even when the songs are stored locally on those devices which seems odd). So it's pretty much system wide as near as I can tell.

If this keeps up I'm going to cancel at least until Spotify gets its servers working again. A response from the Spotify team here or somewhere would be appreciated.

I dealt with 4 Spotify tech support folks, none of whom corrected the problem. Spotify Premium is cancelled, now enjoying ad-free Pandora!

Same issue as everyone else. Songs play for 13 seconds then "connection to Spotify was lost"

they told me to reset my account password.

So i did that and for now it is working.

Ok working fine now. I did nothing. On the plus side it did force me to try Google play music (which worked flawlessly) now I have to choose which to keep.

still working for me.

Suggested posts