Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

So you've discovered the tab limit...

Solved!

So you've discovered the tab limit...

Plan

Free

Device

PC/Web Player

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've recently pinned Spotify's web player in Chrome, so I have it ready as soon as it starts up... but now it says that the tab limit has been reached...

Removed cookies, relogged, disabled all extensions and tried inkognito- and nothing

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Fixed by opening the mobile Spotify app, playing a song- and then opening the web player. Thanks reddit-

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Fixed by opening the mobile Spotify app, playing a song- and then opening the web player. Thanks reddit-

The solution will not work for me.  I don't have an app on my computer which is Linux.

I am unable to listen to any music on spotify.com.

his bug is sooooo annoying, i wish they would fix it

i got this problem too hope i can fix it

Screenshot_406.png

i'm on linux, and a premium user. this started happening today, just now.

here's what my connected devices look like. the web browser instances are the one and only firefox i use...which i open and close daily.

2019-01-02_06.jpg

same bug for me, win10 in Italian

What if i don't have the app ? is there another solution ?

seems to be luck. the app workaround does not fix the problem for me.

multiple instances of the web player (even if it's being used on one computer) are filling up the devices tab. that's probably what's going on. logging out from connected devices (option under "accounts") doesn't fix this.

never had this problem until i used web player on my phone now it's the same as for others. going to phone to play a song and then going back to pc is not a permanent solution and it's annoying to do everytime. 

SPOTIFY, LET US KNOW HOW TO CLEAR THE "CONNECT TO A DEVICE" LIST!!!!!!!

LOGGING OUT OF ALL DEVICES AND CLEARING COOKIES OR CACHE DOES NOT SOLVE THIS.

Found another slightly laborious way:

Close all tabs/browsers.

Open the app on your phone, play a track, open the device list (you should see all the "web player" devices that relate to the tabs you once opened)

Choose one of the "web player" devices.

Playback should fail, device will be removed from list.

Keep selecting them until they all dissapear.

Re open spotify web player and it should be fine.

It's very simple to fix. Just click on each device that appears in the list that you're not using. One by one they'll disappear and your list will be clear again.

thank you both for the suggestion. i've attempted it, but nothing happened. i'll give it one more try.

I solved by installing spotify app on my mobile phone.

the webplayer worked.

Immediately uninstalled the mobile app.

it is absurd that spotify does not give solutions to this bug

Where do i find the list for the devices on my mobile?

yes, the same issue Chromebook ios device

agreed

The problem continues.  I actually installed the "app" on my phone and it helped for a little while.  The problem has absolutely nothing to do with the browser or the browser cache.  It's something that only the "app" can fix...  The browser software apparently does not "know how" to fix it.  So if you don't run the "app" once in a while then the problem continues, as it does now for me.  I've moved on to youtube.com.  spotify.com simply does _not work_.  duh!!!

this is what it looks like... but if you can't access any other player, clicking on "devices available" will only show you the options to connect. 😞

spotify.jpg

Goodbye Spotify ... 

Suggested posts