Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some Genius Lyrics and Songs aren’t showing up.

Some Genius Lyrics and Songs aren’t showing up.

Plan:

Premium

America

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue:

Hello, I’d like to report two occurring issues. Sometimes my app will just stop showing Genius Lyrics for some songs. It’s not that the song doesn’t include BTL, because I’ve seen them before. To name a few: Harvey Danger: Flagpole Sitta, Lit: My Own Worst Enemy, Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody all have Genius Lyrics, but they don’t show up at all. They aren’t different versions of the original song, they are the same song and I’ve made sure. Another thing that happens at the same time is that some songs don’t even show up no matter where I try to look for them. Say, Collective Soul’s “December (45 Version)” doesn’t show up, but the song from the Album does. These two problems occur at the same time and it switches on and off. I’ve asked my brother about this and he says he has the same problem. I’ve tried deleting the app, resetting my phone and looking at the site for setting up Genius and it doesn’t help. Remember, some songs still do have Genius Lyrics on them, so Genius isn’t entirely gone, or disabled on my phone.

Thanks

-Colby 

2 Replies

Hey @thecorpal.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this 🙂

Since this is something that your brother is also experiencing, it's likely that the Behind the Lyrics feature has been removed for those songs.

As for the missing songs, music availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

You mention that "these two problems occur at the same time and it switches on and off". Could you clarify what you mean by that?

Keep us posted 🙂

@Peter

So I had an iPhone 5s with this problem, but I think when I got a newer handmedown phone (6s), the Genius Lyrics and the songs were there, but after about a month or two they were gone. So when I say it “switches on and off”, I mean that the songs and lyrics can be there for a short while, be gone for months, then come back. It happened twice with my old phone but that phone was also buggy. My phone I have now doesn’t have the lyrics or songs at the moment, but as you stated, it could’ve just been that they removed it. My phone could’ve also automatically updated the app. Just wondering, why would they want to delete some Genius Lyrics? Are the facts incorrect? The time cards not keeping up with the song?

also thanks for responding

Suggested posts