Some Sonos speakers missing when using Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8 Plus, Windows PC)

Operating System

(iOS 14, Windows 10 app, Firefox browser)

My Question or Issue

I can no longer see all my SONOS speakers when I try to play music using the Spotify apps. I can only see my SONOS devices that are hardwired and none that are wireless.

This just happened recently, as I used to be able to see all of my SONOS speakers through the Spotify app. At first I thought it was because of the IOS upgrade to v14, but I also noticed that my PC app also cannot see the wireless speakers.

When I use the SONOS app, I can see all the speakers and play Spotify from the SONOS app. Something must be wrong with the Spotify Connect service because my Pandora app can see all my SONOS speakers just fine.

I have made sure that all apps are the latest versions...

Help?

2 Replies

No response from Spotify here? I guess Spotify is going to leave me hung out to dry since there is no phone number for support?

I guess it's time to make Pandora my preferred music provider and cancel Spotify.

Hey @Peacekeeper13,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

We'd suggest you restart your devices and then log out and log back in again. It's also a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the cache is not causing any issues

If the issue persist, you can try with another account. That way we can see if it's an account-related issue. Are there any changes?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts