Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some friends doesn't appear on my friend's activity bar

Some friends doesn't appear on my friend's activity bar

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

MacbookPro late 2011, HP Elitebook, iMac late 2011

Operating System

Mojave and Windows professional

My Question or Issue

I have followed ther same list of friends on Spotify for more than a year. Suddently, about 2 weeks ago, I can't see some of those friends anymore. They are all premium subscribers ans are telling me they can't see me either. The friends I can't see are not on private session and all have sharing with friends enabled. Every sharing settings are also enabled for me. I can see them on the 3 desktops I use. Why can't I see them? How do I see them again? I uninstalled Spoitfy and did a clean install. Nothing changed. I also tried restarting my machines., it did not do the trick. It's also worth mentionning that when I try searching for new friends, it gives me an error. My account is connected to Facebook

2 Replies

I have this same problem too but I am on Windows, some friends randomly pop up and go but for some reason, I can't ever seem to find the people I have been trying to find despite every attempt to fix it. (EVEN RE-INSTALLING SPOTIFY...) This actually happens on all of my devices, I am also Premium. But in Australia. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

@Killslayer152 Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall on your devices? This one contains some additional steps to the regular reinstalling steps. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Does the issue persist with another account? That way we can see if it's an account-related issue.

If you get an error message, you can send us a screenshot of it. We'll investigate this further.

@crampuff Do you still experience this issue? 

Keep us in the loop! We'll be here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts