Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some playlists aren't loading at all, just a "Something went wrong, Try reloading the page" message

Some playlists aren't loading at all, just a "Something went wrong, Try reloading the page" message

Plan

Free

Country
USA

Device

Windows 10

Operating System

Chrome

My Question or Issue

After the recent update on web player on Chrome, four of my playlists aren't loading. None of the songs are showing up, and I can't see the title or description. All that comes up it text saying "Something went wrong" and a reload button, but even when I reload, the playlists still won't load. Two of my playlists have over 100 songs, but the other two have less than a 100. Even some of my other playlists that have over 100 songs are loading too, but it's only these four playlists that won't load. So that means that the number of songs in the playlist don't affect whether or not the playlist loads. I even tried clearing cookies for Spotify, but it still won't work. This has been going on for days, and it's only happening on web player. Is there any solution to this? Thank you!

spotify.PNG
8 Replies

Hey there @Smarti_Unicorn,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Could you let us know if you’re still having troubles with this? If you are, can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in?

We'd recommend starting off by giving this a try in an incognito window or using a different browser.

If your issue persists, it might be a good idea to use a different network and turn off your VPN if you're using one.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Having the same issue. Not using a VPN, either. Recently updated Chrome. Came to the web to search out of frustration, because I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reloaded pages, etc.- and keep getting that message. I have a paid subscription, so invested in a solution. Will try the incognito mode suggestion. (Also, your app continues to not work on the Roku app, causing the entire platform to crash and reboot itself, but that's another topic.)

Hey there @RobinWB,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We're happy to help.

Can you let us know how it works when you're using an incognito/private window?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you try from another browser to see if the issue persist?

We suggest that you post the issue with the Roku app in a relevant thread so we can help you further with that as well.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Went incognito, the same issue.  I suspect it's the new Chrome update.  I uninstalled the Chrome Spotify extension and then reinstalled it.  Next, I logged in Incognito, and tried to use the Web Browser, since you can't use the Chrome Extension in that mode.  Got the same frustrating message.  This makes 2 out of three devices I am unable to stream Spotify, and not be able to listen to music.  

It works on Safari (I have a Mac) ! It's either the Chrome update interfering with Spotify loading, or that I need to update the iOS to the new Big Sur update. Thanks!

Hey again @RobinWB,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

If it's possible, the solutions they propose could solve this 🙂

If you want to there's also possible to download the desktop app.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am having the same issue with one playlist... I use the app on my MacBookPro... I don't like to use the web page version. 

All other playlists load fine... just my chill playlist... keeps saying something went wrong... reload... I click reload & it brings me back to home page... I can see the playlist pop up for a second then it goes right back to something went wrong...

I've restarted everything... please help...

Hey @siouxzi,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we suggest you start off with a clean reinstall of the app on your smartphone. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps for doing it here.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you have currently running on your computer?

Lastly, we'd suggest you make a copy of the affected playlist. To do it, you just need to select the playlist in your mobile device app, then, on the three-point menu select Add to other playlist > New playlist/find a playlist. Give it a try and let us now if you notice any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts