Some questions about stats

Some questions about stats

Plan

Free

Country

France

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

I work on a presentation about music industry and streaming and I looking for the most stats that I can about new music realses. I wonder I you guys and girls know and can tell me when the playlist New Music Friday was created, is there a way for me to find it ? And more, I wonder if it's possible to see some stats from records which just came out, like hour by hour, or day by day ? Just to know for example how many peoples listened it the first day it came out.

Thank you and have a good day !

1 Reply

Hey @R_Wan.

Thanks for posting your question in the Community - we'll be happy to answer it 🙂

Regarding your first question about New Music Friday - we managed to find an archive of all past New Music Friday playlists on Spotify on this site, and it would seem that the first one was released on the 10th of July, 2015.

Before that, different countries had different days in the week when they would release new music. Spotify had a playlist called New Music Tuesdays until in 2015 it was decided that there would be one day - Friday - in which new music would be released worldwide. If you want to read more about this, check out this article.

As for your second question regarding stats, Spotify doesn't have a public service which gives regular users access to streaming stats, though if you're an artist, you can compare your stats to those of other artists via the Spotify for Artists app's analytics.

There are, however, other services out there which allow you to get insight into the stats you're looking for - have a look at this website, for example 😉

Hope that helps! Good luck with your presentation, and let us know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts