Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Some tracks not available

Some tracks not available

Can someone please explain why some tracks are not available and if this is a bug? I have read the official explanation, sometimes there are licensing issues, blah blah blah. But sometimes there are albums where only a couple tracks are available and others are not -- even though they're all from the same album, same artist, same record label. It doesn't seem plausible that the whole album wouldn't be licensed together ...

Example: https://open.spotify.com/album/3q5tumMuOiEh0SJuabZTR5 - only tracks 6 and 12 are available to play on my Desktop, Mac, US, Premium account

5 Replies

Same, I would assume this is just a bug seeing as only certain albums and songs are missing

Still no Mylo in 2020

Hey there all,

To make sure if this is a bug or not, the best thing to do would be to Hide Unplayable Tracks and see how many tracks appear under the artist's name. Do you see any grayed out ones after that?

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello Petya,

Unhiding all doesn't show anything in the app.
But I've found the album on Spotify via Google.
Only one track is highlighted, the rest is in grey.

See by yourself :
https://open.spotify.com/album/4e11DiZpAGX40btgoYdfDd

Hi again @theatlane,

Thanks for getting back to me with the playlist! 

You should bear in mind that there's different availability of certain songs across various countries, so what you're seeing might not be the same for people from another country. 

I've checked and can confirm that the songs are currently unavailable on Spotify. Make sure to keep an eye on the artist in case that changes. 

Let us know if there's anything else Spotify-related we can lend you a helping hand with.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts