Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is using my spotify with a google home

Someone is using my spotify with a google home

Hello

Sometimes, when I listen to music, someone uses a google home to listen music too in my account but i didn't know this person.

Is it possible to ban him of my account ? I already change my password but it didn't work…

Thank you for the help 🙂

2 Replies

Hi harppyl,

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community! I'm sorry to hear that someone else seems to have gained access to your Spotify account and is listening to music from it on their Google Home device. I recommend reading this Support article, as it outlines all the essential steps to take in order to stop others from gaining access to your account.

One of the steps in this article that I have linked here is signing out everywhere, which you can do from your Spotify account page. Doing so should sign off this person from your account, and they should be unable to sign back in if you’ve first changed your Spotify password, as the article instructs to do in a private/incognito window.

Let us know how things go, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @harppyl,

Just jumping in to add something to what @AdamDam suggested.

It'd also be great for you to bookmark and follow the steps in this support page article since they feature some essential info regarding how to keep the safety of your account up-to-date.

Hope you'll find this useful. We'll keep an eye on your reply in case there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts