Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sometimes Spotify web player does not load in Firefox browser.

Solved!

Sometimes Spotify web player does not load in Firefox browser.

Plan

Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

Intel motherboard, i7-2600K, 8GB RAM, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Sometimes (most times) when I open the Spotify web player (open.spotify.com) then it just loads the dark background and nothing else. I reload a few times and still nothing, then I close tab and open it again, still nothing. Then I watch a YouTube video and maybe read some Reddit content. Then I open the web player again and surprisingly it opens. Maybe I'm so excited I accidentally close the tab and then quickly try to reopen it by clicking the bookmarked link, but then I'm stuck at a blank dark mode screen again. I have quite a few Ad Blockers installed but when I open Spotify in a different Firefox user profile where I have no extensions installed (for troubleshooting this kind of problems), I get the same blank screen.

Is there a something I can do to fix this?

Annotation 2020-08-31 030134.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @N-ichola-z,    

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

First thing we recommend is clearing the cache and cookies of your Firefox browser. This basic troubleshooting step is very simple, but can be very effective.  

To avoid possible cache-related issues we suggest giving it another try in a private/incognito window. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser and let us know the outcome. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @N-ichola-z,    

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

First thing we recommend is clearing the cache and cookies of your Firefox browser. This basic troubleshooting step is very simple, but can be very effective.  

To avoid possible cache-related issues we suggest giving it another try in a private/incognito window. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser and let us know the outcome. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Cheers! 

Thank you for responding.

I tried using the private/incognito window as you said and it works 100% of the time so you're right, it must be a cache/cookie related issue. I used Ctrl+Shift+R (or Ctrl+F5) in a normal window to clear cache and refresh page, then I installed "Forget Me Not" Firefox extension to clear cache every time (for only "open.spotify.com") when I close the tab or exit browser.

Problem solved! 🙂

Suggested posts