Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song is not available, can't play music.

Song is not available, can't play music.

Last night, I was scrolling through some artists and found one album that I liked, so I saved it to my music. But the next day, the songs/the album was vanished from my library, both on my Mac and my iPhone. I can't search it up or open it. 

So, I went to google and typed the album myself, which shows up on top. The album is available on the web and also shown fully, so I saved it. The music shows up in my songs, yet it refuses to play, and I keep getting "This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." it only shows up in my mac, doesn't show up at all on my phone even though it shows up, saved to my songs, and I played the songs in the previous night through my phone.

I've tried re-installing, clearing cache, tick-untick the HQS, still nothing. 

can you help me or at least tell me what is happening?

p.s. : I'm using Spotify premium if that helps.

this is the album that I tried to want; https://open.spotify.com/album/26yQCVr7duY72eIViSJvlM

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 8.00.01 PM.png
1 Reply

Hey @jenneliu

Is it just this album that will not play? Can you play other music just fine?

I checked and I cannot play this album either.

The reason you can't play this album is because the artist or their music label has decided to remove it from Spotify. The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later. The artist may have removed the album because they needed to fix a problem with it. Keep checking back to their page becasue it might be back on their page again soon when they re-release the album.

The songs/albums will still be shown in your playlists so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts