Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song on playlist is not playing

Solved!

Song on playlist is not playing

Free Plan

USA

On both iphone 8, the spotify app, and Macbook webplayer

The song in question is "Sunrays and Saturdays" by Vertical Horizons from their Running on Ice album. It did not come up in a spotify search, but a google search gave me a link to open spotify for the song. The song then wouldn't play on both my phone and computer. It also looks different than the other songs when added to my playlist (see picture)

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 5.48.29 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @bkdurham,

A song being grayed out means that it's not available in your country for some reason or another. It means that the artist or label couldn't come to agreeable terms to release that song in your country, which could be for a variety of reasons. This post goes a bit more in depth. Spotify is always adding new songs, so it could become available in the future (though it's not guaranteed that it will).

Hope this helps,

Dani

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @bkdurham,

A song being grayed out means that it's not available in your country for some reason or another. It means that the artist or label couldn't come to agreeable terms to release that song in your country, which could be for a variety of reasons. This post goes a bit more in depth. Spotify is always adding new songs, so it could become available in the future (though it's not guaranteed that it will).

Hope this helps,

Dani

Suggested posts