Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song stops 7 seconds before the end on Samsung sound bar

Song stops 7 seconds before the end on Samsung sound bar

Every song I play if it's an individual song will stop 7 seconds before the end when I use spotify connect on my samsung soundbar HW-N850. This happened just recently, probably from the last update last week. The last song on any playlist will have the same problem too. I tried uninstalling the app, clear cache/data on my S20 but same problem. I tried starting spotify connect from my PC and Ipad and same problem. I have 2 other spotify connect in the house, both android TV boxes and they work fine with any problem, it just happens on the Samsung soundbar

7 Replies

Hi there @mnm372,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

There were some issues with casting to devices on Connect over the last few weeks, which should be now fixed.

We recommend checking whether your Soundbar is running the latest firmware updates. If it is and you're still experiencing this issue try performing a factory reset on the device.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately the problem remain the same. As I talk to others on a different thread, This issue seems to affect particularly Samsung soundbars. As my soundbar is already two years old, I don’t think there’s any chance for it to receive a new firmware update. However there seems to be similar issue on newer soundbars from Samsung as reported in the other thread

Hey @mnm372,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate your feedback and are monitoring the Community for all reports on such soundbar issues. There're a few more troubleshooting steps we'd like to try out so we can better understand the root cause of the behavior you're experiencing.

We'd appreciate it if you do a factory reset of the soundbar and then check if the playback performs as expected via Connect, preferably with a different network such as a mobile hotspot. It would be useful if you could also test the other connection methods, Bluetooth and cable and see if the issue comes up there as well.

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.  

Mihail Moderator

Yes, so I ran the same tests again and the results are still the same. I used my mobile hotspot and did a factory reset on the soundbar. The soundbar is connect to a wireless router which sits right next to it, and my internet speed is a 1Gbps optical fiber so i'm sure it's not the network; and I even tested with another router just to be sure

As I mentioned in the other thread, it only happens with spotify connect on the samsung soundbar. And it seems, as per the other thread, that it's the whole range of samsung sound bar which are affected (N850, Q90R etc...).

Bluetooth connection works fine and spotify connect to an android TV box works fine too. I tested starting playback from my phone, pc and ipad and for each device I deleted cache and re installed the latest version of spotify. Playback on the devices are all fine, it's only when I selected the soundbar in spotify connect that problem happen.

I noticed that as soon as I select the soundbar, the song timeline jumps 7 seconds ahead. If i pause the song during playback and press play again, it will jump another 7 seconds. And if I pause a song 15-12 seconds before it ends, it will jump 7 seconds but will actually play the song's end.
This behavior only applies if I play a single song or if it's the last song on a playlist

Hey @mnm372,

Thanks for getting back to us with the results.

We've gathered all the info from your case and the other thread and passed it on to the right folks at our developer team. We can't say if and when exactly this will be fixed, but we recommend that you always keep the app up to date with the latest version. We'll be rolling out some improvements to the way Connect works soon and that way you'll make use of all features and fixes, as soon as they are made available.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator

Same thing happening here on my samsung hw-n950 and oneplus 6, both with latest firmware/os/APP.

Same thing to me with JBL 5.1 soundbar.

Did anyone find a solution?

Suggested posts