Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs are no longer sorted by Album under Artists

Songs are no longer sorted by Album under Artists

I don't know what's happened but a few weeks ago, on the Web Player, my songs were sorted by Albums under Artists in "Your Music". Suddenly, I've noticed that this function has disappeared, and that all the tracks are just listed in one long list under Artists, which I understand was actually the case some time ago, before Spotify implemented the album collection organization. Can Spotify look into this? Is it a possible glitch?

10 Replies

@katforget

Hello:

Can you by chance provide a screen shot of this behaviour please?

Hi @JayLB. Sure, take a look. The problem is still persisting.

Spotify Screenshot - Artist Albums.JPG

@katforget

Hello:

The webplayer I have access to does not look like that. What OS system and browser are you currently using?

Windows 7 and Chrome

Mine still looks like that, and I can confirm that sorting by albums doesn't work for me either.

Try deleting cookies from the web player page, that may solve your problem.

Hi @Matheus_007,

If I understand you correctly, you're having the same issue as myself? Btw what is the "sorting by album" feature you mention?

And I've cleared the cache, deleted cookies all to no end. I even tried using IE, and had the same problem on that browser. I'm wondering why this is only happening to some users?

I mean that clicking the album column after selecting an artist doesn't change anything. It's on the same page as yours.

The web player is supposed to have been redesigned for a while now, but the rollout has been slow. If your problem persists then I suggest downloading the desktop client until you get the new web player, or stick to it if you like. They look the same so there shouldn't be many UI differences.

Ah yes, I see. I tried that too, and nothing.

I have the desktop version at home which works well, but at work I'm stuck having to use the web player. I'm more annoyed that when I first started using the web player about a month ago, this issue wasn't a problem, and now it has appeared since a few weeks ago. If anyone figures out a fix to this, let me know, it is greatly appreciated 🙂

Hi, any progress on this?

My desktop (iOS) player at home has begun doing the same thing.... I no longer have my songs sorted by album/cover art under "Your Music". They are just listed as one long list of songs. Is this normal or just happening to me?

On the desktop app there should be a dedicated section for the albums, right under Songs, where your saved music is displayed on album covers.

Suggested posts