Songs automatically added to liked list without my input.

Re: Songs automatically added to liked list without my input.

Visitor

Been having this problem for weeks now. Adding whole albums of music I've never listened to or even searched for.

I've never even heard of the artist cFraaqez which was the last 8 songs added during my sleep last night. 

I've even had a long string of playlists added to my library of what seems to be Italian music. A language I don't speak. 

Lists by fuzzy, lorenz_1, LD music promotion and others. 

This has happened several times even though I have deleted it from my app (an app that is constantly crashing or freezing I might add). The only 3rd party allowed is my Amazon echo dot as I use Spotify for my music listening at home. 

I'm starting to think that you have a serious data breach in your system which has allowed someone to add "unknown" artists songs to lists in order to earn money. 

This mainly because it is unknown artists that is added to my list all the time. 

I have a premium account and been using spotify for 2 months but is seriously thinking of canceling my membership if you can't even have a secure account or a working app. 

Screenshot_20200204_080106_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20200202_221655_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_20200202_221723_com.spotify.music.jpg
Highlighted

Having the same problem, deleted and removed only for them to come back. Why am I paying for a premium service only to be invaded by **bleep** music choices? Choices that I didn't make. Spotify please sort it.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Also just happened to my list yesterday as well.     
Highlighted

This might explain why suddenly after years of using Deezer I came back to Spotify to claim my liked songs list is full!! I haven't used them for years then this happens only to find out I had my liked list full of random albums from artist I either don't know or do know but only liked 1-2 songs NOT their whole discography!!!

But yeah give us better options to atleast wipe it but if this is a bug then give premium unlimted liked songs etc. Since so far this issue is painful!!

I regret coming back to premiun if this issue persist I'l go straight back to deezer perhaps even youtube??

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This is also happening to me.  At first I  thought I was hitting something accidentally, but all the songs being added are either those that have explicit content or songs I don’t listen too (like Rap). I hope Spotify comes up with a fix, this is a turn off to continue listening.  I can easily tell Alexa to play my requests.  

Highlighted

Casual Listener

This has also happened to me, and the solutions provided by Spotify do not work :

-I changed my password many times

-Unlogged from all devices

-Removed app-link

-Removed all playlists that had less than 5 songs.

It really is irritating, I feel "invaded" in my music library, and it seems shady to me, I don't even know why this would happen in the first place. I've had enough, which is why I am now forced to move to youtube music even though the software is not as good as Spotify ( At least, adds are shorter and less irritating to my ears ).

I hope it gets fixed so I can come back.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Can't believe it happens to premium users as well... what a shame
Highlighted

Visitor

This has been happening daily for over two weeks, I have checked to see if any-other app has authorization and none do. I have changed my password 6 different times. I have deleted the songs only to have new Ghost-liked songs appear. This is obnoxious and a deal-breaker as I rely on my liked music instead of a playlist. I will most likely be switching to Apple Music as no costumer support has been helpful and I feel all my issues are being swept under the rug and being replied with insultingly simple obvious answers, I have tried all advised solutions. The music being added has content I deem gross, annoying and a pain to listen to, and ruins this platform for me. I have five close friends with the EXACT same issue. Fix your damn system.

Highlighted

Visitor

Same issue, premium account, changed password multiple times.  Either apps Spotify has authorized (like Waze or Shazam) are doing it, in which case Spotify needs to fix that right **bleep**ing now.  Or else Spotify has been hacked by assholes trying to game their algorithms to promote their music. In which case, Spotify needs to fix it right now too. Sort it out Spotify, this is going on for a year according to these comments.  

Highlighted

Visitor
Been noticing this too.
On a free account, and saw dozens of "liked" songs that I've never listened to, and don't even remotely overlap with the music I DO listen to.

Deleted all but the handful of my actual likes, only for it to start playing a whole bunch of "country" music. It didn't add them to the list, but it played them as if they were part of the "Liked" playlist.
At least I could kinda see the overlap with those, but just cause I like Lynyrd Skynyrd doesn't mean I give 2 shits about country "music." 😂

Seriously, keep your straight country out of my classic rock
SUGGESTED POSTS