Announcements

Songs automatically added to liked list without my input.

Highlighted

Re: Songs automatically added to liked list without my input.

Community Legend

Hey there @Gdwgdw,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.

We'd suggest you click here and reset your password. You can also log in to your account page, scroll down, and select SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE

Along with that, you can check these steps to make sure your account is protected.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Visitor

Dude, just answer the damn question!

Why does Spotify add songs to the liked list without authorisation?

It's annoying. 

Cheers. 

Highlighted

I have the same problem. A large amount of liked songs that i never heard of. Also a lot of followed artist and albums that are not mine. And one playlist, also not mine.

The daily lists and recommendations are also blowing up with songs that are completely not my style. 

Resetted password, logged out devices. I tried it al, but this seems very much like a bug. 

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here.

If you can still see songs that are not added by you, it's a good idea to go ahead and check this article. 

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest to click here and contact our customer support. The folks there can investigate this further and provide you with the best solution.

We'll be here if you need more help or you have questions. 

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Can you peps do anything OTHER than repeatedly ignore what people are saying and give the exact same "solution" over and over again?

A solution already established from the start to NOT fix anything, and not even remotely related to the actual issue? 

The issue you KEEP ignoring. 

WHY is spotify adding songs without permission? 

Highlighted

Visitor

I’ve been having this exact problem for months now. I know for a fact that it’s not some third party adding them. It’s only to my Liked Aongs list which already has over 200 songs so there’s no reason for AutoPlay to be activated since I always play my songs on shuffle so the “playlist” would never “end.” I’ve been trying to figure out for ages how to get Spotify to stop adding songs to my likes list but there’s no option anywhere to turn it off (I already have auto play turned off).

it’s extremely frustrating since most of them are either popular pop songs that I don’t enjoy or obscure songs that I’d never listen to. 

Highlighted

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies.

The reason we ask you to follow the steps that's provided by @Ver is because we want to make sure there's no unauthorized activity on your accounts. 

Even if you changed the password - you might have your account saved on a offline device etc.

Once again - we suggest that you have a look at  this article. And if following the steps that's provided in there doesn't do the trick you can contact our customer support here so they can have a closer look directly on your accounts.

We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
SUGGESTED POSTS