Songs automatically added to liked list without my input.

Songs automatically added to liked list without my input.

Akkar
Casual Listener

Plan

Free

Country

Scotland

Device

Multiple

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Songs are being automatically added to my 'liked' selection without my consent or input.

Random songs are added in batches of 4-10 every day to my liked selection, these are not songs I've ever listened to, they are not by artists I've listened to, they are not from albums I listen to, they are not even from a genre I listen to.

My account is fully secure, they are not added by a third party misusing my account.

These songs are almost exclusively explicit, obscene and generally so awfully performed I don't even consider them as music. It is an excessive level of gross spam.

From previous comments on this issue this is an issue that affects both free and premium users.

-----

Previous comments on this issue are responded to with a request for further information, there is no further relevant information I can provide.

Can someone please list the ways that a song can be added to my liked list without me clicking the heart icon myself.

--------

If this is a known money-making feature of spotify i suggest you provide an option for an opt out, I add and listen to songs I like, and if I want new songs I will hunt them out and add them to my liked list. Having spotify automatically adding songs i don't like to my liked list defeats the point of having a liked list 0_o it makes no sense.

4 Replies

Re: Songs automatically added to liked list without my input.

Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11

Hi @Akkar!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Akkar
Casual Listener

Thanks Jose 

But the issue is not unauthorised access to my account. To be extra sure i have changed my password twice since your reply and the issue persists.

Why would someone make their way into my account just to add random unrelated 'music' to my liked list?

I really need someone from spotify to say how songs can be added to my liked list without me manually clicking the heart icon, excluding unauthorised access to my account

Hey @Akkar,

There this three ways how songs can be added to your playlists:

1. Free users with playlists that contain less than 5 songs will have songs added until it reaches 5 songs
  2. A friend, family member or unauthorized person is logged into your account by accident and is adding music
  3. You authorized a third party to add songs to your Library

Of course we have a feature called Autoplay. When enabled, it will continue playing similar songs after your playlist has ended. These songs won't actually be added to your playlist. They will simply play after your playlist has ended. More info about Autoplay can be found here.

When in doubt, it's always good to follow the steps on this page. One of our Customer Support representatives will get this resolved for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Akkar
Casual Listener

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your efforts

1) 5 songs on playlist
it isn't that, there are many songs on my 'liked list'

2) unauthorized access

it's not that, changed passwords multiple times to test that, i also don't see why anyone would gain unauthorized access just to add some random songs to my collection.

3) authorized third party
Not to my knowledge, and not that i can see, is there a way to check? I tried disabling targetted advertising permissions but had no effect

it's not autoplay, these are songs that are added to the top of my liked list.

---------
it's not a 'playlist' exactly that is having trouble it is my 'liked songs' list

i.e. songs which i have clicked the little heart icon for, could that mean a different answer?

SUGGESTED POSTS