Country

France

Devices

HP Laptop 15-bw0xx, Redmi Note 8T

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

My Question or Issue

Hello,

Since yesterday, some songs in my playlists (especially Korean ones from many artists but I don't know if there's a connection with the problem) are grayed out and are impossible to play, either on the desktop application or the WebPlayer.

As time goes by, you don't even see the song title anymore, just a black box with the date when it was added to the playlist (see screenshots).
Similarly on the Android application of my phone, the songs have even disappeared from my playlists and are nowhere to be found. If I go directly to the artist page, the songs don't appear or the album is completely grayed out.

I've already deleted and reinstalled Spotify but it doesn't help.
Would you have a solution please ?

bug2.PNG
bug3.PNG
bug.PNG
24 Replies

Hello 🙂
I checked and the option was toggled off. I tried turning it on, but it still looks the same, I don't think anything changed.
When I checked the other playlists, I didn't notice any greyed-out songs, but I realized that apparently the songs in question were kicked off. Admittedly, my playlists are kind of a mess, but I do have one playlist with pretty much all songs I like, so all my favorites should also be on there. Yet, no song I looked up was there anymore. Songs that I definitely remember putting on the playlist were gone completely. The songs are also on no other playlist I checked. A few playlists are shorter than I remember them to be, so probably a few songs in question were also kicked from them. ^^'
I really appreciate that you react so quickly, thank you for your help 🙂

Hi @Anou_Shy

Thanks for your quick reply!

It seems that despite you turned off "Show unavailable songs in playlists" option you're still able to see them but being completely blacked out instead of showing greyed out names. Also, you can still see them in your playlists, but they're not currently available to play. 

We can confirm that we've passed this info to our team in charge and they're currently looking into it. Hopefully, we'll have a fix soon.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your fast reaction, I really appreciate it 🙂

@bryan123 

It looks like your post was merged into this thread.

Please check out my latest post in this thread about why some songs are blacked out instead of greyed out.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

@DaceSane @Anou_Shy @bryan123 @Irukandji @AmandaAndyT 

Hey everyone,

Kakao M's catalog should be available again. Thank you for your patience.

I checked my library and it looks like most of the blank blacked out songs are now back in place without any action required. For some songs, you may have to re-add them to your collection. If some songs are still showing as blank and blacked out instead of greyed out when you have the "show unavailable songs" option turned on in settings, you can right click or tap the options for the song and select the "song credits" option to see the song title and artist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts